Community post

Discussion

HOOORAYYY!! BFP POSITIVE BETA!

So I missed my period on Thursday or Friday and tested with First Response on Saturday. POSITIVE TEST. I had to look twice a couple of times to make sure I wasn't hallucinating. Haha. So Saturday test was positive. Took two more ClearBlue on Sunday morning. Appeared negative which I'm guessing is because there wasn't enough HCG to detect on the ClearBlue but enough to detect on the First Response. So I went and bought more First Response. Another positive. So I went to the doctor for a blood test Sunday. Beta came back positive but a low 16! Scary! So I took more test Monday and Tuesday. Lines kept getting darker. Another blood test on Tuesday... Beta almost tripled at 41. Positive for sure now! Called my OB and I have an appointment set for Friday the 28th. I am very excited but scared just with my first pregnancy only 2nd month TTC after having a cyst removed by laser last month. Taking it one day at a time and NOT STRESSING! Trying at least :) if I figure right I am only about 4 weeks so I think I'm very lucky to have found out so early :) thank you for any responses and any experiences with low betas.

3 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

Hey, congratulations! I'm currently about 7 weeks pregnant and I had a scare with low hcg. I was monitored early because this pregnancy is directly after my miscarriage in May. Well, my two earliest levels only had a doubling time of 4-5 days, instead of the healthy 2-3. We were sure it was a miscarriage/chemical and were preparing for the inevitable, when my doctor checked my level a third time. Well, somehow it skyrocketed and my doubling time is now 2 days and she thinks my pregnancy will be successful now.

It's been such a bumpy ride this year, it's hard to completely get excited about this pregnancy since I still have worries in the back of my mind, but I'm remaining hopeful. I actually have symptoms this time, while in my miscarried pregnancy I had nothing (even though it turned out that there was a baby with a heartbeat before I lost it). So I'm taking that as a positive sign.

Happy and healthy 9 months to you!~

10 years ago

Congratulations! Best wishes and good luck to you.

10 years ago

Congrats! :) Hope you have a Good Luck!
Sending lots of

-> please forgive any typeos, i type fast without checking and sometimes i'm on my phone. thanks! <- & User ImageUser Image

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo