Community post

Discussion

Does a postitive Ov test DEFINITELY mean ovulation????

I had my third baby (who is one year old now) Last February. I was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma in May. I went through chemotherapy and radiation. I was told there was a 50/50 chance it would send me into early menopause and I would stop ovulating. We are in discussions about having #4 and I got some Wondfos. I got a definite positive but about three to four days later I have a light bleeding for a day then nothing for a couple days THEN start my period. I have never had mid-cycle bleeding/spotting before. So my question is.... even if the Leutenizing Hormone is detected by an ovulation test... does that DEFINITIVELY indicate ovulation or just that the LH hormone has spiked? Can that happen without ovulation or does it ALWAYS happen WITH ovulation? ANyone know????
Thank you :)

User Image

1 Reply • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

U can have numerous surges within a cycle and not ovulate with any of them. U can also have a surge in the middle and/or at the end of ur luteal phase...this may be ur case. U may have O'd 10 or so days before that surge and the surge itself was a surge in hormone right before AF arrives. Thats always my confirmation that the witch is on her way. But no, a positive OPK is never a guaranty of ovulation, u would need bbt or blood work for that.

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo