Community post

Discussion

June/July IVF buddies?

View Full Post

Anyone starting IVF soon or starting IVF again? This is my first cycle trying it and am looking for others to chat with during the process whether you are a first timer like me or you could practically get an honorary doctorate in reproductive endocrinology because you know so much :-)

197 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

71 - 80 of 197 Replies | Last Page

Things are going good here. I started estrogen over the weekend and have my lining check u/s next week. Finally feel like I am doing something and making progress to that transfer in 2 1/2 weeks. I was actually a little worried that I got pregnant on my own because af was supposed to show between the 10th and 14th but finally showed up today. I mean I wouldn't have been disappointed if I was pregnant but spending all that money and then not using ivf would have sucked lol.

Hope you get that positive lh test soon so you can have your transfer!

10 years ago • Post starter

Well my appointment was a little disappointing because I found out I have to wait even longer than expected! Basically, the lab shuts down every 9-10 weeks (protocol they said) and the initial timing would've been in line with that. So... we are actually trying on our this month (along with all my regular meds) and then will start birth control after this cycle and lupron very shortly after... so no retrieval until probably early to mid-November :(

I actually took 4 days of birth control before I went into that appointment and was told to stop. I'm hoping it doesn't throw things off too much because my AF actually came back for a few days when I stopped it again.

I'm hoping for a miracle this month! No positive ovulation test for me either yet though. Maybe this DHEA I've been on for the last 3 months will finally kick in?!

10 years ago

The fertility center I go to does the same thing. One week every month they don't do ivf retrievals. I understand that they need breaks but when you have been waiting soooo long already having to delay because of their schedule sucks! Hopefully you will get lucky and get your bfp!

That really sucks that you have to wait....with infertility it seems all you ever do is wait....

mnor....it sounds like things are moving along. Hopefully within this next month you will be pregnant....with your fet will they do a day 3 transfer or do they let the embryo grow for a day or two before the transfer?

I finally got a positive yesterday and headed to the clinic at 530 in the morning....they said everything looked good and confirmed the surge...so i started hcg shots yesterday..i have to do them daily for 2 weeks and prometrium 3 times a day....i go for the transfer sunday morning....yeah

10 years ago

That really sucks that you have to wait....with infertility it seems all you ever do is wait....

mnor....it sounds like things are moving along. Hopefully within this next month you will be pregnant....with your fet will they do a day 3 transfer or do they let the embryo grow for a day or two before the transfer?

I finally got a positive yesterday and headed to the clinic at 530 in the morning....they said everything looked good and confirmed the surge...so i started hcg shots yesterday..i have to do them daily for 2 weeks and prometrium 3 times a day....i go for the transfer sunday morning....yeah

10 years ago

So Sunday is the day! Nervous, excited or both? I will be hoping and praying it works for you!

After my retrieval the embryologist let my embryos grow to 6 day blasts before freezing, so I guess that would be a 6 day transfer? My beta is only 9 1/2 days after the transfer. I like not having to wait the full 2 weeks because my embryo gets a headstart before the transfer. I can't wait to go back and put my embryos back where they belong. Lol kind of feels like separation anxiety right now.

I am both excited and nervous. I will find out tomorrow what time I will go on Sunday. I don't know how the beta testing will go since I am taking that extra hcg shot everyday for 2 weeks. I don't know if they have to wait a few more days or if the shot effects the blood work results at all. I will find out soon enough though.

I know the actual transfer wont be bad, but I am planning to come home and just rest all day if I can, so tomorrow will be a busy day cleaning and grocery shopping. Do you know if there are any restrictions after a transfer?

10 years ago

After the last fresh transfer I only laid down for 15 mins I think and then they told me I could go. Hubby and I stopped at Olive Garden for lunch on the way home and then I tried to stay on the couch most of the day but I still got up quite a bit. I've been trying to figure out how to stay horizontal all the way home. Thinking about laying with my feet up in the back seat of the car and hoping we don't get stopped by a cop and have to explain lol. Don't know if i'll really go that far when the actual day comes but I think I will probably try putting myself on bed rest once I get home this time around.

well I don't have any good news....half way to the hospital I got a call from my doctor telling me my only embryo did not make it. So I think we are done. We can't afford to keep trying. We have now done 5 unsuccessful IUI's, and a failed IVF. I am just so heart broken and defeated.

I feel like a complete failure. I have to give this a few days and see how I feel then. I always feel like a crazy person when I get bad news about the baby stuff. I really hope you get much better results than me and I will pray that your fet will be successful.

10 years ago

lilangel - My heart breaks for you after reading that! So sorry. I hope after some time passes you can find the funds to do another... or maybe there is a chance of a spontaneous pregnancy for you! I surprisingly read more and more about those. Keep your head up... God works in crazy ways.

mnor - I'll be praying that it works for you this time. Keep us posted.

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo