Community post

Discussion

June/July IVF buddies?

Anyone starting IVF soon or starting IVF again? This is my first cycle trying it and am looking for others to chat with during the process whether you are a first timer like me or you could practically get an honorary doctorate in reproductive endocrinology because you know so much :-)

197 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 197 Replies | Last Page

If I get my period next week I will begin the process. Really praying I don't but am preparing myself for the process.

10 years ago

I really hope af doesn't show up for you! Doesn't look like many people on here are at the ivf stage :-(

10 years ago • Post starter

I know you posted this 2 weeks ago but I am presently on day 7 of stimulation medication. I am just curious where you are on your cycle and how everything is going. I am also doing my first and only IVF cycle. So I am hoping for the best.

10 years ago

Hey! Finally someone who is also going through ivf! I am currently on day 5 of stims and progressing quickly. They had to drop me down to the lowest possible doses yesterday. I am looking at an egg retrieval this weekend or early next week. Are you experiencing any side effects? I have had wicked headaches since starting the stims.

well I went today for an ultrasound and blood work (day 10 of stims) and my doctor said to go back tomorrow for blood work and another ultrasound. I am on gonal-f 150iu and menopur 75iu and centratide for the suppression. So far no side effects, just a little bloating. I guess I am pretty lucky when it comes to that. I just don't know whether I am responding as well I want to be. Today I think they measured 9 follicles that should make the retrieval. The smallest was 1.0 and the largest 1.8. The doctor seems pretty happy with things. I think there were 3 on the small side. 1.0, 1.2, and 1.3. the rest were 1.6 and larger. I am trying not to obsess over all the numbers. They don't even tell me the estradiol or lh numbers. they just say everything is going well and tell me what to do next. I think I will be doing my trigger shot tomorrow and the retrieval will be Saturday.

10 years ago

I had an ultrasound yesterday morning after 3 days of stims. 2 days of gonal at 225 and 1 day of gonal at 75 and menopur at 75. I had 25-30 follicles between 7 and 9 mm and my estradiol was already 500. I tried to tell them I was a very quick responder before I started and I thought 225 was too high but do they listen to the patient? Never. They called me immediately and told me to drop to a dose of 37.5 on both gonal and menopur. I really want to say to them...I told you so! Now I am worried about being overstimulated :-( I had a mild ohss case during an iui cycle and it was horrible, I couldn't even stand up straight and walk without pain because my ovaries got so big. Next ultrasound is tomorrow so hopefully I have slowed down and leveled out. I like to know everything about what is happening because it gives me a "sense" of control, even though I know I don't really have much control at all lol.

wow that is a lot of follicles. I hope everything goes well tomorrow for you. I'm hoping my smaller ones catch up to the size the doctor would like and I can trigger tomorrow. I would have loved to have around 10-12 eggs at retrieval but I will take what I can get. I just hope they will all be good quality and that they will fertilize. I am not too nervous about the retrieval but more about all the other stuff. Good thing is that I am very confident in my doctor and really trust him. I hope both of our u/s tomorrow go well.

10 years ago

Good luck to you too! The smaller follicles have a very good chance of catching up. Best is over 18 but any in the 15 range released for me during my iui cycles. I am only nervous about something going wrong and having to cancel it. I hate having to waste a month when I wanted a baby years ago.

How did your ultrasound go? Almost ready for retrieval? I had mostly 11 and 12 mm follicles with one at 15 mm and another at 14 mm. They upped my gonal to 75 again but kept menopur at 37.5. Seems like I have leveled out and not going crazy anymore. Still have a good 20-25 follicles though. Another check on Saturday.

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo