Community post

Discussion

How long did it take you to get pregnant

HI ya'll. I was wondering. How long did you and hubby work on the baby making before it happened. I have 2 kids a son of 4 and a daughter of 17 month. I really really badly want nr 3. or the age gap will be to big between my son and baby. This is our first month of trying. Today is 10 days after ovulation. Got a negative, P to start on Sunday. with my Son got pg first month, with daughter supersized was not planned. But now planning one feels like its not happening. Want hear from mommies who has confirmed pregnancies. The anxiety is killing me.

" rel="nofollow">

3 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

Hello! Good luck with trying. I am currently pregnant with our first. I would say we had 2 months of trying, and the 2nd month we actually charted temperature. The month we charted temperature and could pin point when I ovulated was the month we got pregnant!

User Image Currently Pregnant with my First :) Praying for all of you

10 years ago

Hi Cutemonster. Thanks for the reply. The anxiety of falling pregnant just took over my whole life. And I was never like this. Me and hubby said we will give it 3 months of trying. But it feels like forever. I'm trying to calm myself and say relax life goes on. But its so hard. I'm so happy for you. Being pregnant is the most wonderful feeling. Our family just feel incomplete without that one more.

" rel="nofollow">

10 years ago • Post starter

Hi Rosering,

Although it did not take us long in the big picture to get pregnant, believe me I am a complete worry wart! All I could think was will I get pregnant, what if something is wrong etc... The month we got pregnant, we both said it is not in our hands. We are also Christians and this one book I read seemed to take every ounce of worry out of my body. "God's Plan for Pregnancy" by Nerida Walker. It truly put my heart and mind at ease and I didn't worry one bit about getting pregnant, because I knew it would happen - in perfect timing. I feel like as soon as I started trusting fully that I would get pregnant - it happened. It's so hard to say don't be anxious, and to not worry - because those who say it don't usually know what you're going through, but it really is the truth.
In the beginning, my husband and I tried to take our minds off of getting pregnant by getting involved with new tv shows/movies/games etc... It actually worked - because we would BD, then look forward to watching the next show in our new tv series etc... I really do hope it works for you and works for you soon.

Also, the month we got pregnant we used Conceive Plus (a fertile type of lube), and I laid there for about 25 minutes. Don't know if that's what did it, but definitely think it helped.

Will be praying for you!

User Image Currently Pregnant with my First :) Praying for all of you

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo