Community post

Discussion

Vitex

Hi,

My cycle is typically 27 to 29 days. I am now 7 days late for my period. I have had a period for 11 years (I am 26) and I never am late. I got a couple of positive HPTS but they were on blue dye tests. Got a blood test yesterday and my result is negative. I took 400mg of vitex all month in February and stopped when my period was one day late. My Dr didn't seem to think that could cause this. I do believe it delayed my ovulation by about 10 days,OPK'S seemed to confirm. I do not temp. So my Dr is calling in an RX for progesterone pills today to take for 10 days to induce a period. I am waiting about a week to take them incase my period truly is delayed and I was right about my delayed ovulation.

I read thousands of Vitex reviews online and the negative experiences are few and far between. Do you believe Vitex could cause this after taking so briefly and such a low dosage? Or is there something else at play?

any advice is appreciated. I have been trying with my husband for going on 4 mos. This is starting to get painful. I feel very sad, don't know how everyone handles this especially if it goes on over a year.

0 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo