Community post

Discussion

PCOS and Ovulation

Looking for other women to discuss their experiences with ovulation who have PCOS? I've only been off the BC pills for 8 months and took them for over 20 years. Starting to see a pattern with my cycles but have only had 4 AF's since September 2012.

User Image

User Image

59 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 59 Replies | Last Page

i also have PCOS i ahve been off of BC pills for 1 1/2 years now i had real trouble with my AF from the get go as soon as i came off them i soon started to see a pattern about 1 year later so basically only just now started seeing a pattern, last month tough i saw my gynea and he told me my PCOS had got increasingly worse and that i had a slim chance to have natural conception, but last month my AF was 6 days late and unfortunately i had a chemical preganancy, once again this month i am now 5 days late for AF with no sign of it coming, just really bad strange cravings for food and backache, it is possible for people like us i beleive the less we think about it and the more fun we have while trying for it it will happen, my doc gave me FEMARA tablets to try this month he said they will give me a 40% higher chance of conceiving
so at the mo i am touch and go and not sure what to do my husband has convinced me to wait another week just to be sure so fingers are all crossed for you that you will receive your happiness , me im just on the waiting game till the time when i know if i need the tablets or not take care and keep me posted as i will for you.

kirihu

User Image

10 years ago

@kirihu, thanks for sharing your story with me. I go to see my endocrinologist next week and she told me in December 2012 that if I didn't conceive naturally she would add an additional medication to my regimen to hopefully boost ovulation. I currently take metformin to control the hormone imbalance from PCOS, what about you? Anyone else on Metformin?

User Image

10 years ago • Post starter

hi again, yes i am also on metformin at 1000mg per day, from my endocrinologist, as far as i now it has been working with some ups and downs, i only started it in february of this year,it was abit iffy for the first AF as i waited 2 months for it to come but since it was ok until now, now i am not sure wether the reason why i have not had my AF is because of the PCOS or in fact because i am pregnant will just have to wait and see, have you tried asking your gynea for some assisstance with getting pregnant, and how much metformin do you take per day?

take care kiri hu

User Image

10 years ago

Kirihu - my general Practioner diagnosed me with PCOS and started me on the metformin 1000 mg daily. She referred me to the endocrinologist that specializes in PCOS because the maintenance of the disease is beyond her schooling. The endo said she would help me conceive but wanted me to try "naturally" on my own just using the metformin. She indicated the metformin naturally increased fertility. I don't actually seem to have an issue producing eggs (they found 12 unruptured follicles on my right ovary and 6 unruptured on my left 2 years ago on a scan) The endo said in June of 2013 when I return to see her, if I hadn't conceived she would add CLOMID. I'm not certain I'll need it considering I got preggers last time within 4 months of trying. It is super possible you have not got AF because of pregnancy. Are you charting your BBT?

User Image

to be honest im not sure how to use the bbt chart so i have been charting on my home calender about cycle lengths and everything, and about my ov patterns and when i had a positive opk hoping it was helping

User Image

10 years ago

The reason I asked is that after I ovulated in Jan 2013, there was a definite rise in my BBT and it remained that way while I was preggers for those 6 weeks until after I had my eventual D&C due to the missed miscarriage. I'm pulling for you, keep me posted!

User Image

hi, yep 7 days late for AF and still no sign, i took a test today and got a bfn i mean there may have been a evap line there but i put that down to wishful thinking so now im just going to wait and test again in a week if it still has not arrived.

User Image

10 years ago

Kirihu, Looks like we'll be testing around the same time. I'm on cycle day 26 now and still no AF. I've been tracking my BBT which will only tell me "after" I've ovulated but so far I can't tell if its already occurred or not. So frustrating but glad to know I'm not alone. I'll check back with you this weekend and hopefully we both have some new news. Good luck to you and talk to you soon!

User Image

hi, i went to doc my blood work was done and well :-

my HCG is : 5.1 to be classed as a pregnancy they only mark from 3 weeks which is a level of 5.8 so not to far to go when i had my chemical last month i had only HCG of 2.0.

my PROGESTERONE is : 7.22 last time it was just 1.78 so getting better results this time around i was told i have to go back on monday with a hope my results are increasing.

my DOC said its possible the pain im having is a presentation of my uterus growing in prep for the baby. i had these same pains last time with my son so you never know.

they did not say its negative but they did not say positive because for negative it should be less then 5.

so still no closer to knowing what is your opinion on all of this i would really love a womans perspective in the same boat as me ?

as im really confused now and just preying for monday to come without AF showing up, and higher levels with a healthy bean growing so there are 30 fingers and toes crossed here that it is just a case of to early testing and that im just only 2 weeks gone

kirihu

User Image

10 years ago

Kirihu, it sounds extremely promising this time around! Its so hard to "wait" to find out the next results , but I think the best thing for me was being able to talk about it so I wouldn't stress and obsess about it alone or drive my hubby nuts with my thoughts. Keep eating right for yourself and relax (I know its not easy) but the fact that AF has not showed up is a good sign and the blood work backs up the fact your body is getting you prepared for pregnancy, even if its not this cycle. Keep me posted! I go to see my endocrinologist tomorrow, it'll be interesting to see what she has to say. My BBT chart indicates I've ovulated so we'll see if AF comes, I'm on day 32 or something like that now...

User Image

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo