Community post

Discussion

Very concerned-- BFP line getting lighter not darker

Hi ladies,
On Saturday at 12 dpo, I got a BFP with an FRER. The line was very faint. I kept testing and it appeared to be getting a tad darker each time. Then this morning, at 15 dpo I tested again with FMU and expected a much darker line, but it was even lighter than Saturday. Now I'm getting concerned.

I've been under an extreme amount of stress over the last week and I'm very worried something isn't right. Doctor has ordered a blood test and I'm waiting for results, but in the meantime I'm wondering if anyone has had similar circumstances and what the outcome was?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

3 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

Hi,

It is not accurate to compare the darkness of different brands of test kits.

Relax as much as you can. Really there is not much you can do at this time other than wait it out.

Hope this is a sticky bean.

9 years ago

I wanted to update for anyone who may come across this thread later.

The doctor's blood test confirmed the pregnancy. However, the line did not get darker. After about five days it began to get even lighter, and all but disappeared. The next day I had a miscarriage, which was confirmed by a second blood test.

So, despite what some may say (including my own doctor originally) please be aware that the lines not getting darker can *absolutely* be a sign of a non "sticky" pregnancy. Really, I knew something wasn't right from the beginning--hence this thread and my request for the initial blood test. Trust yourself. We know our own bodies best.

9 years ago • Post starter

Thank you for sharing your experience, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss xx

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo