Community post

Discussion

Can Pregnancy trigger my Labyrinthitis?

About 5 years ago I came down with a bad chest infection, which then turned into bronchitis... I felt awful and at the same time I had an on going head cold.... One morning I woke up with the room spinning... Not just a little- it felt like I was gonna fall off the earth!!! Way worse than any drunken evening Id ever had! I got to my hands n knees and spent the next 5-10 days struggling with it. Went to gps and was told I have Labyrinthitus which is an inner ear infection that causes severe vertigo and sickness.
It flares up about twice a year and I'm told it's mine for life... Lucky me.
However I'm 5.3 wks pregnant today and about a week ago it flared up.... Included nausea. I'm just wondering if pregnancy can trigger it and will I have it the whole time? I ask that because although I'm 90% ok... Certain head positions still cause severe dizziness.
Thanks.
:-)

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/tickers/pregnant-1421906400z4z1423980000z0.png

0 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo