Community post

Discussion

ttc after cp

Hi ladies. I just had cp at 5 weeks... im sad...but bleeding is nearly finished so we gona try again. Is anyone in my shoes aswell? How soon did you ovulate after cp and got bfp again? Baby dust to us all :)

667 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 667 Replies | Last Page

Hi Nikolina123

I'm so sorry for your loss. Sadly, I'm in your shoes, I miscarried at 4w5d. The bleeding isn't entirely finished yet (I'm still spotting), it's has been 8 days now. Although it was only 4w5d, I was devastated. But I'm slowly recovering and I'm feeling positive again.

We have been trying for a year now, for our first child. Apart from this recent loss, we had no luck... How about you?

My husband is getting his sperm checked next week. I'm a little scared...

I'm afraid I can't answer your question, but I believe, since our losses were so soon, our ovulation should occur 'as normal' (or close to normal). I definitely hope so!

My gyn has suggested to wait one cycle, but we'll probably won't do that. We feel ready to try again and my cycles are long enough as it is :-s

How are you feeling?

Best wishes and lots of baby dust!!!

Alice

9 years ago

Hi Alice!! Thank you so much for your reply, and im so sorry for your lose, i know how devastating it is. I kinda stopped bleeding, its day 7 for me, but today had watery brown cm lods in one go, after that nothIng again. We been trying for almost 2 years, but with opk 4 months. Its our first aswell. My hubby got his sperm checked last year, everything is perfect. All my tests are perfect aswell, i have v regular af aswell, so idk what could be that took us so long. It was the happiest day of our lifes when we got positive dig test. We are going to try thid cycle as i heard women are super fertile after cp. I started parental vitamins today aswell. Just really hope i will ovulate this month.
Are you taking any vitsmins and using opk?
so glad and thankfull that you replied, knowing im not going thru this alone right now. Really hope this month will bring us sticky baby :) i read so many forums where women get pregnant straght away after cp, and have healty pregnancy.
How long are your cycle?
Baby dust and fx

9 years ago • Post starter

Hi Nikolina123!

I feel so sorry for your loss, but you are right: it's a relieve to know that we're not alone...
2 years and still no sticky bean, I feel your sadness... :-( It's great though that your tests are so good! That must help to stay positive, doesn't it? But it's probably also frustrating, because, if everything works perfectly, why wasn't it happening???? Hang in there, it will happen again!!!!!
I'm having the brown stuff too, but it's getting lighter every day (in color, I mean). I guess it will be gone soon. I hope so, because the blood of the cp was even more confronting than AF... :-(
I'm glad to hear that you are regular! I'm not very regular, my cycles vary from 30 till 45 days. Quite long too, but as long as I'm ovulating, I'm not that worried about it, and neither is my gyn.
Funny you mention opks, I just ordered my very first opks online :-) I have never used them, I just chart, and I feel a clear ovulation pain. But since we BD'ed a little later than usual this cycle and got pregnant just now, I figured that maybe my timing can be improved :-) Do you get clear results with the opks? I'm a little scared that they'll confuse me even more :-s
I'm not taking any vitamins, just folic acid. I try to eat and live healthy, although that usually doesn't work during AF time :-p I tend to be drawn to comfort food then... Can't help it :-s
I also hope I will ovulate this month, although I have no clue when it will happen. I usually don't ovulate before CD 19, so there is still time for me :-p But you might be close already? I heard that it might happen a little later than usual after a cp.
I also read the stories of increased fertility after cps! My gyn says that it's just a legend. But whether or not it is, can't harm to try, right? :-)
How old are you? I'm 25 and my husband is 36.

I wish you SOOOOO much luck and baby dust!!!! I really hope we'll get the real deal soon!! :-)

Alice

PS: I'm so glad I can talk to you about this, cause I didn't tell anybody...

9 years ago

Hi Alice!!! Me too, im so glad i have someone to talk to who is in my shoes at d same time. I havent told anyone eather, but is soo hard, cos have to be all happy at work, where actualy inside im so sad... glad i have you here to talk to. Im still getting v down, still can feel light cramping which just remind me of my loss.
I Gona be 30 in 2 weeks and my hubby is 32. My doc said that i shuldnt be worrying cos im still young etc...but how can i not? All girls at work have babies, one of them got pregnant first time they tryed.But praying that v v soon we both get out bfp and can share with everyone :)
Opk can be v tricky, time to time they go lighter then darker, but once its get positive you will know straght away:) just dont lose hope, cos some cycles i o on cd 11 last cycle was cd15. I was using them twice a day, just incase i miss the positive :)
How are you feeling? Did you tryed enything diffriend last cycle?
My feritile window shold start thu, but started bd already :) lods of fun:) opk still negative, but hope soon will hit the iron:)
Alice thank you soo much for beeing here with me :) Lets get sticky babies this cycle :)
Lods baby dust ?

Hi Nikolina123!!

I so get what you mean! After the miscarriage, I called in sick at work, cause I was worthless, I couldn't concentrate at all. Although I didn't tell my colleagues we're ttc, they sort of suspect we are. When I stayed at home last Monday, one of my colleagues sent me a text asking how many months I was pregnant. He couldn't know he was rubbing salt in my wound... :-( I told everyone who asked that I had a stomach flu :-s
I understand that the cramping or anything else which reminds you of the loss is very painful. Pregnancy announcements (even of celebrities I don't even know) are also hard... We didn't even get to the point of announcing, that hurts...
I can imagine that the doc's reassurance is not working. No matter how old you are, if you have been trying for this long and everyone around you 'passes you', you simply can't ignore the loudly ticking clock, no matter what the doc says and regardless of the fact that he's right.
Thank you for your advice and experience regarding opks!!
I'm starting to feel better, I'm starting to feel like trying again. The return of my fear of staying childless was definitely part of my sadness after the cp but now I'm regaining my hope.
We didn't do anything different last cycle. Did you?
Haha, we haven't started 'practicing' yet, but I hope to get some practice by the weekend ;-) My opks didn't arrive yet :-p
Dearest Nikolina, thank you so much in return, for being here!! I wish you all the luck in the world and a healthy pregnancy very soon!!!

Best wishes

Alice

9 years ago

Hi ladies,

Wondering if I can join your group? We suffered a miscarriage in Nov and it was definitely hard bc honestly I didn't think we could get pregnant on our own. I have uterine fibroids so it's been difficult? I'm 34 and my DH will be 47 later this month, so time is definitely not on our side....but on the flip side I do believe that it will happen in God's timing. I use the digital OPKs so hoping to at least get in tune with my body. I hope y'all don't mind me joining bc it really is hard going through this...

Jada

9 years ago

Hi Jada!

Of course I don't mind you joining! I'm so sorry for your loss... :-( I agree, suffering a loss is probably even harder if ttc wasn't going great to begin with... I mean, don't get me wrong, I believe a loss is always very hard, no matter how old you are, or how long you have been trying, or how far along you were. But when your changes of conceiving are slim, it's just hard to get back on your feet, because you know how precious and rare the opportunity might have been... At least, that's definitely what our fear wants us to believe... Moreover, if you have been looking forward to the moment for months and months, it's so devastating to go through that. Never lose hope!!!
Is you body recovering well? Are you feeling ok? How long have you been trying? Do you already have kids?
I'm sorry you had to go through this... I wish you lots and lots of luck!!!

Alice

9 years ago

Hi nikolina123!

Just thought I would butt in here and share, considering I had the same anxiety and questions - I had a chemical pregnancy last month, and figured it would take a little longer to get my cycles back on track afterwards. Surprisingly my cycle worked itself out and I believe I ovulated on my regular O day (the bleeding started around the same time my period would have started, a few or more days later than usual and lasted a little longer than normal). I counted the first day of the bleeding as CD1, got my first positive OPK CD13 and a temp spike CD15.

Now I'm just waiting to test again when I'm close enough & hope for the best :)
Hope this helps you out a little - although every woman is different as I've heard different experiences, but A LOT continuing on their regular cycles right after a chemical.

Good luck to you!! :)

User ImageUser Image

9 years ago

Hello beautifull ladies!!!

Alice, for last few days you have been my rock, as i cant talk to anyone about it, but to have you here and understanding what im going thru, its blessing ;)
Well last cycle we didnt really do anything diffriend, just baby danced 6 days before o, on o day and 3 after without skiping days, lods of fun lol and i kept my legs up for a while, so there wont be any escaping lol and it wasnt about baby making, we just really had fun with each other ;) maybe thats the key lol we are gona do the same this cycle, as before tryed every other day, it didnt happen, so idk maybe everyday is the key for us ;)
When is your hubby getting his test done? fx that he has super swimmers ;)
Gona do opk now, hope it will be bit darker than yestardays one ;) Tomorow hitting my fertile week ;)

Wellcome Jade ;) Im so sorry for your loss, we are here for you if you need someone to talk to. At how many weeks you lose your lil miracle? My boss had her mc when she was 38, at 40 she give birth to helthy baby girl,andthen at 42 to healthy baby boy, so never lose hope!!! When you are in your feritile week? Lods baby dust and fx for sticky baby!!! ;)

Hi Amber!!!!
Thank you so much for your replay, you giving me a hope that my cycle will be the same and that i will o soon ;) Im so sorry for your loss, and i wish you all the luck on the world for sticky baby this month!!! How many dpo you are? When are you testing??? FX that we se bfp's this month in this forum!!!!

Nikolina

Hello ladies :-)

Nikolina, I'm so glad I could be of any help! And I'm very glad that you opened this topic, as it is so nice to talk to someone who understands! Btw, we've never tried that, BD'ing every day round O-time! But before we do, we better wait and see if the swimmers are good enough to try your technique :-) The test is next week. Seems like you might have found a successful approach, never change a winning strategy ;-)
How did your opk turned out? The mail didn't deliver mine yet :-p But I'll start temping again tomorrow (I stopped for a while).

Thank you for your helpful insights, Amber! They boost my hopes! I'm sorry for your loss... :-( I truly hope you get lucky real soon!!!

Lots of baby dust to all of you!!!

Alice

9 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo