Community post

Discussion

Starting clomid, anyone with us? Can we get a hell ya!Part13

View Full Post

Lucky 13!!

Welcome to part 12 of our discussion group! Our forum is for anyone using Clomid or Femara for treatment. We are all super friendly ladies, so please come and share your story with us!

For anyone looking to catch up, part 12 is here:

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/forum/post.php?postid=26484

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

556 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

231 - 240 of 556 Replies | Last Page

hey all before i go on i am not a very good speller so i have been a bit ifie aout joining lol
i am on the first day of taking clomid today havn't taken it yet i will wait till night
is their any best time to take it TIA :)

10 years ago

Shelob i think it would depend what days you take it maybe? I had to take it 4-8 last month due to not seeing fertility dr till cd4 so was told to start it straight away, this month though i have been told to take it 1-5 so will keep you posted about when i O this cycle.
I have a couple of friends who used it in past and they were early O on it so its different for everyone! Good luck

10 years ago

So I finally got a positive OPK today on day 22. Was starting to think it wasn't going to happen for me this month. It looks like the clomid is working after all!

10 years ago

Good morning ladies!! Today is the day of my long awaited surgery to find out how bad the endo is and fix me!!! Yayyyy! How is everyone else doing today??

10 years ago

Took my first clomiphene tablet this evening. We shall see what comes of this. I am really hopeful that I will ovulate when expected with the right level of response. I hate the thought of them telling me to abstain from TTC due to too many follicles!!! I'm also worried that I might ovulate before they expect and miss it! I did ovulate on day 9 once.

10 years ago

Well I finally took a HPT and :( I am on CD28 and 13DPO which means AF will arrive tomorrow. I did everything right this month and we BD when we were suppose to, used Pre-seed, and followed all the rules. This was my 2nd round of Clomid 50mg which means I will be calling the DR. today to see if we should up the dose. I am seeing my OB/GYN right now and she is not following my cycle at all, no blood draws, no sonograms, nothing. I am considering going to the fertility clinic and seeing what my options are. I am really starting to reach my breaking point and am not sure how much more of this disappointment month after month I can take. We tried naturally for 3 years to conceive baby #3 and now with help for 2 months. I am so fed up with it all right now. I want to scream and a part of me wants to just give up and say it will never happen. I am blessed to have the 2 I have but my family picture is still missing someone.

A back story:
My husband and I conceived in 1999 and at 7 weeks we decided to terminate the pregnancy out of fear for my health. We proceeded on with our lives and got married and again got pregnant in Dec 2003. Our 1st son was born Aug 2004. In Sept. 2005 we found out we were expectantly pregnant again and our 2nd son was born in May 2006. We decided to wait a few years for #3 since we now had 2 under 2. By the time we were ready to try again, I had returned to school to finish my degree and we were forced to put baby making on hold. We tried to plan conception that would have me delivering over school breaks (summer, winter). In spring 2012 we started trying every month since I graduated in spring 2013. I can't help but feel that I am being punished for putting my career first.

I am just so devastated right now.

User Image

10 years ago

Stevenmattsmom~ i understand how frustrating this all must be for u guys. May I ask if ur Dr has given u a diagnosis? I have seen a few cases silar to yours on different forums and it just stinks:( I will keep u in my thoughts an prayers as i do with all of us on here waiting for our BFP's . Whatever u do, do not let this break u down too much. We need to all try and stay as positive as possible and know that our time will come:)
AFM~ my surgery went well yesterday, Dr got everything and said that it was only stage 3 endometriosis, thank goodness! I will see him again in 1-2 weeks to go over the next step in this process hoping that IVF is not a part of that as I am not covered for it and cannot afford it. Everything will work out though! I am staying POSITIVE!!!!!

10 years ago

Stevenmattsmom.. Felt sad reading your post, that negative test, or the day AF comes, these are the most difficult days to get thru. Only time will heal that pain and as we go on to the next cycle the small glimmer of hope of hope starts to appear.. No wonder they call it a roller coaster ride. But something to remember, no one is to blame.. There are so many women who face problems without having had; to make any choices..Their first choice was to have a baby but it just did not happen, so putting the blame on urself is only going to make it harder. I don't know if this helps but I see this whole infertility issue as a medical problem, so the first thing to do is try to treat it, like with any other disease, if one treatment does not work try another one, like u said in ur case up the dosage. .something is bound to work eventually. Its just a waiting game. If going to a fertility expert will let u be monitored I suggest you go for that, especially on clomid. As everyone says stay positive..you have decided that family portrait needs to be completed then don't let any negative thoughts come in the way.. Another thing , not to get ur hopes up but dont u think a blood test would be more accurate at this early stage. If AF has showed up yet maybe theres still hope.
I got a cyst after my first round of clomid last month, the doctor told me to take birth control pills, I did that for two weeks but didnt have the heart to complete the pack, this messed up my period , it showed up ten days earlier so now Im totally lost as to when ovulation will be or if it will happen at all..Im travelling for a month so letting it go. Will restart clomid when I return in September.. Hope I get to see a few BFPs on here before.

User Image

10 years ago

We're trying something new this cycle...I'm back on Femara - today was my last day taking it - 5mg cd2-cd6...and then tonight I start the injections...1259iu - and I have an ultrasound on Thursday. RE wants to BOOST those follicles. So...we'll see.

User Image User Image

10 years ago

Cycle #3 of Clomid starts today.

How many people have told their friends and family about their fertility problems?

Our friends and family do not know that we have been trying for over a year and that I am taking fertility meds. I want to tell them because everytime I hear, "Oh, I guess you guys are done then with the 2 boys" I want to scream NO and WE ARE TRYING but I resist and just say we haven't decided yet.

User Image

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo