Community post

Discussion

Needing Advice on TTC After Miscarriage

I would really love and appreciate any stories, challenges, or advise from you ladies who have TTC after suffering a miscarriage. Ideally, we'd like to start trying after my first cycle. My OB, who is very researched based, says there is no difference in pregnancy outcomes for women who waited 1 cycle and those who waiting 3 cycles. My D&C was on 2/19/15 and I have no idea when I will start my period. I've hear anywhere from 2-8 weeks for AF to arrive.

I know that being emotionally ready is important and I feel like when the time comes to try again, we will be ready. My husband and I are not going to have sex until we get the "all clean" at my two week follow up appointment this coming Thursday.

Before this pregnancy, I used apps, ovulation kits, teas, planning, scheduled sex, etc. I don't want to be that ridged again. I'm debating even using ovulation strips and just want to relax and enjoy the journey this time around. Even thought I'm worried about it taking a little longer, I almost think it would be easier and less stressful to just have sex every other day/every two days after AF.

I'll be honest, I'm probably going to be a ball of nerves when I do actually get pregnant again. Every week, I'll wonder in the baby's heart is still beating. What was your experience?

3 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

Sorry your not receiving the support on here but this is my experience. Conceived my 1st child in 2001 within 3 months, had heavy bleeding at 6 weeks, thought l had a miscarriage but she hung on & is now your typical 13 year old, a year later l had a miscarriage at 6 weeks & had a curette which they call a D & C now, then l went on to have a healthy boy without any complications a year after my miscarriage, then l had another girl 3 years later, took a lot longer to conceive but everything went well, then had another boy also,3 years after that, had my tubes tied while l had the caesarean thinking l had finished then decided to have a reversal done then 18 months later l fell pregnant on Clomid but unfortunately l had a natural miscarriage if you can call it that but l'm writing this in to let you know that there is no reason not to conceive after your loss & my period came back within 6 weeks with both losses, we tried after 1 cycle on each loss, hoping this gives you hope & that your not alone. Sorry if l bored you with my story !

9 years ago

My first pregnancy resulted in a healthy baby boy in February 2004, my second I miscarried at 10 weeks (D&C) I waited the "required" 2 cycles and got pregnant in the 4th cycle and miscarried at 5 weeks (natural). We decided not to wait since it took a couple cycles before to conceive and I ended up pregnant on the first cycle which resulted in my first daughter born healthy in December 2006. I then went on to miscarry again at 11 weeks (D&C) and we then waited a year to try again since it was not a planned pregnancy. I got pregnant within 2 cycles and had my 2nd daughter in October 2009. 5 years later we decided to go for one more and then call it quits. I got pregnant again within 2 cycles with my 3rd daughter who ended up being stillborn when I was at 34 weeks gestation in November 2014. We are currently trying for baby #5 and are just praying for a healthy baby. Good luck to you!

9 years ago

Hi, not sure if you remember me...I wrote in your "One Week After Miscarriage" topic. The 2 miscarriages in 3 months.

For me the RN told me to wait 2 periods but we were also doing IUI's. I didn't get the chance to have my follow up appt with the doctor until after I had my 1st period after mc. He said if we wanted to try on our own after the 1st period we could. Miscarriage makes you much more fertile for up to 6 months. And if nothing happens then to let him know and we will have the 2nd IUI. The doctor apparently likes to wait 2 periods after a mc before doing another IUI. So, we went ahead and tried on our own after the 1st mc (after 1 period). That's when we got pregnant the 2nd time and sadly lost it again. This time we waited the full 2 periods. Supposed to get 2nd period this weekend or early next week, with hopes of doing another IUI.

I would say if you aren't doing an IUI...from what I also understand is that the doctors like you waiting for at least one period just for timing purposes. You almost need that month to help you get mentally ready or stable to TTC again. But if we weren't doing IUI's I would try after 1 period.

I hope that helps you decide what it is you want to do.

User Image Me:38 DH:40 TTC #1 since March 2013 Been seeing Fertility Doc since Nov 2013 Please check out my page and you will see a whole list of things we have been doing for this whole TTC journey. 1 Fur child (cat)...named Kit 2 step kids... Boy: 13 Girl: 12

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo