Community post

Discussion

16dpo BFP - BLESSED :) - Details/Symptoms

My husband and I started TTC in Feb - however, we were very ill with the flu during the key ovulation days - and the flu can kill mens sperm!

So we weren't too surprised when AF showed up at the end of February. In March - we tried to get a little more hard core so we bought OPKs to keep track and when they showed positive - we had sex twice on those days - probably not the best idea for both. I didn't read up enough on the test strips to know that they show the surge BEFORE the egg is released - once we got the surge we had sex twice that day, but then stopped for the month. Didn't know that in reality I was probably going to be ovulating the next day or so.

By April, I felt kind of let down and decided to change a lot of things. First, and most importantly I bought this book: God's Plan For Pregnancy by Nerida Walker - absolutely amazing. It is key to focus on what is in this book if you truly want to get pregnant - nothing else matters. When reading this book and trusting in what it said and praying, I came to realize I KNOW I will get pregnant as it is God's promises to those who believe in Him. A huge cloud of relief came over me and I did not worry at all about it. I also started charting so that way I knew for sure when I ovulated. My husband and I had sex for about 5 days before I ovulated and a few after (it can be seen in my chart). Each time we used a form of PreSeed and also my husband started taking natural fertility vitamins in January (which usually take about 3 months to kick in) but definitely noticed a sizable difference in his loads - so it definitely worked! I made it a point to orgasm at the same time as my husband each time. And ladies, if you find it hard - it helps to use a vibrator until you're very close - then have your husband ready and time it perfect! Another thing we did differently - was as soon as my husband was about to go, he would push further in me and then stop moving - so that the sperm stay closest to the cervix. This was THE FIRST month I actually laid there for 30 minutes after each time too!

The couple days after I ovulated I had some cramping - which I've never had before. I also, had tender breasts right away. The next thing I noticed the week after ovulating was that my cervical mucus was not like it normally is at that time - a key giveaway. It was creamier and at times a chunkier discharge - this gave me such hope right away. I also started having a lot of lower back pain which is not common for me at all, and close to day 10 post ovulation, I was having some sharp longer cramping - none that I had ever experienced. It felt as if my AF already came and I was getting the bad cramps I do then, but I have never gotten it before AF. I assumed this was uterus stretching. I also didn't want to test before 16dpo because I did not want to see an UGLY negative. I waited until 16dpo when I still had a high temp and tested mid-afternoon.

I dipped the stick in urine and almost instantly two lines appeared - my husband and I were in shock and were so thrilled. We then pulled out the digital First Response Yes/No test and saw YES in a couple minutes. I will be 6 weeks along in a couple of days and am so ecstatic! The main symptoms I now have are extreme tiredness, high sense of smell, frequent urination and full/sore breasts and nipples. I don't have any morning sickness or aversions yet but I hear that hits at 6 weeks for a lot of people. I also have a tugging/pulling feeling in my ovary at times.

Please feel free to message me/talk to me about anything - especially God. He is who blessed us with this child - He is who I know will not allow me to miscarry since he promises that in His word. I will pray for you all and I hope all of you will get pregnant in no time!

:)

User Image Currently Pregnant with my First :) Praying for all of you

5 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

@cutemonsters -- thank you for posting this. I have been feeling kind of down and this what I needed to read. I am interested in the book you mentioned, and will be looking for it.

Congrats on your BFP and here's to a very healthy 9 months! I hope to get my BFP soon (12dpo) and terrified of seeing a BFN or AF! Isn't every woman?!

Thanks again for sharing :)

10 years ago

@lschrader I'm so hoping and praying this could be your month!!!! :)

User Image Currently Pregnant with my First :) Praying for all of you

10 years ago • Post starter

Wow congrats. This gives me hope. I'm 9dpo and from 4dpo I've been crampin constipated gassy. 6dpo I started to have tender breast still crampin during morning and vivid dreams. My appetite decreased and I get lower back pains. I'm praying for a bfp on thursday. My missed af is due on saturday though. Pray for me hun and congrats again on your blessing.

10 years ago

thank you for such an encouraging sharing. I feel God has the ultimate plan and should be trusted all the time. am testing the sixteenth day post ovulation. good luck to everyone else

10 years ago

Thank you for sharing! Blessings to you:) Enjoy your pregnancy!

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo