Community post

Discussion

HSG pain

I just had an HSG test earlier today and I was just wondering if anyone else experienced extreme pain after wards? I don't normally have very bad period cramps but after the procedure I had the worst cramps of my life! I didn't have any blockages but the dr did have trouble inserting the catheter beyond the cervix. Did anyone else experience this?

4 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

You are not alone. My HSG was awful, the doctors were great but it wasn't a good experience for me and I had to take the next day off of work due to the cramps. It went away after a day or so but I was a little tender for about a week after.
I was told I had an unusual reaction, not unheard of just not overly common.

Me:29 DH:27 Mar 31 2015: IUI #1, MC 16/04 May 30, 2015: IUI #2, Jul 31, 2015: IUI #3, Aug 25, 2015: IUI #4, Sep 26, 2015: IUI #5, Oct 24, 2015: IUI #6,

9 years ago

Well I'm glad I am not alone here! They kind of expressed that I would have mild cramping but it was the most painful thing I've experienced yet... but it seems to be tapering off now, thank goodness!

9 years ago • Post starter

Yeah they told me it would cause cramping and that I should take some motrin before the test. It didn't help. I passed out during it. Luckily they were able to see the tubes we're clear before I did.

Me:29 DH:27 Mar 31 2015: IUI #1, MC 16/04 May 30, 2015: IUI #2, Jul 31, 2015: IUI #3, Aug 25, 2015: IUI #4, Sep 26, 2015: IUI #5, Oct 24, 2015: IUI #6,

9 years ago

I had mine done on Friday and I still have cramping. It was awful. I also have really bad bloating or something and Im not sure if thats normal.

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo