Community post

Discussion

Anyone else only menstrual cramp on one side?

Ever since I started my first period when I was 11, I have always only had cramps on my right side, like, where my leg meets my pelvis. And they're debilitating (sharp pain, nausea, extreme fatigue, shakiness, etc). It doesn't happen everyone month, so I'm assuming it's only when I release an egg from my right ovary...

I've mentioned it to my family doctor before and she seemed to think it was normal. I briefly mentioned it before my last yearly pap and my gyno didn't really even react to it. I can't really find any answers on the internet other than it might be a cyst. The pill helped a lot, but I'm having my first AF after it, and I've felt like I was being stabbed.

Anyone else deal with this?

4 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

I read somewhere a long time ago, that sometimes side aches and cramps are just the feelings coming from your uterus but I can't remember the reason. I think it was because of the mucles and ligaments pulling on one side. I have cysts and I feel like they don't hurt, it's more like an ache or I have heavy bladder feeling when the cysts swell.

9 years ago

I very rarely have pain/cramps on my left side. It is ALWAYS on my right though. Most of the time it was pretty painful too. No one has ever seemed concerned about it except for me. HAHA!

I'd be interested to hear if anyone has any answers though.

User Image

9 years ago

The ligament thing makes sense, mine are always like, right where my leg meets my pelvis. that's the clearest answer for it I've ever gotten at least Lol!

9 years ago • Post starter

See as your doctor has stated that this menstrual cramps are normal, so don't worry just try to do regular exercises, and take proper healthy diet avoid commercial baked food and drinks during periods to avoid cramps.

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo