Community post

Discussion

HATE the 2ww with a passion! No idea when I o!

So... I have 3 kids - age 10, 4 and nearly 3.. I'm currently either in the 2ww or I'm about to 'o'... I have a 28 day cycle, bleed for 5 of those.. I'm pretty sure I o earlier than CD 13-14 (judging by conception of my 2 youngest - my eldest was a surprise and walked away knowing the gender at 24 weeks, thinking I was about 6 weeks when I went in for the dating scan haha)...

So I could've Od anywhere from CD 8 on wards... currently on CD13...

I should use OPKs so I can pin-point to be honest, hate the uncertainty.

My partner and I aren't trying per se, but we've never used anything in a year - for a reason.. He suffers(ed) with incompetent ejaculation - basically, he has never ejaculated during sex the entire year we've been having sex - save for 2 lengthy (sorry if TMI) hand-jobs - he's had some kind of mental block.. Until this month, and has ejaculated 3 BDs off the bat (CD 7, 10 and 12!).

Whilst this is great - I had concerns that a) we wouldnt be able to ever have a child naturally together b) I had a chuff like a wizards sleeve from the previous three c) he's overcome whatever mental block he had (outlook for imcompetent ejaculation is very poor and intensive sexual therapy intervention is the only way to overcome it) - we're not quite ready for a baby together - in another 3 years would be ideal..

That said, if I do end up pregnant at the end of this cycle, it will be a blessing and we'll definitely manage and work it out somehow - and as my youngest is about to start nursery in September this year and my 2 eldest in full time school, what would I do with myself? I'm a mother, that's my calling and that's all I;ve done for the past 5 years - be a full time mother.

If I'm not, a job it is - which I also secretly hanker after, as a full time mothering has be climbing the walls on most days! I love my kids, but I miss the social side of having a job and the satisfaction of a days work/my bank balance at the end of the month!

My partner is in his first year of university - 2 more years until he graduates - so again, not ideal because he studies alot and is on placement much of the academic year (he's doing a nursing degree)...

Oh I don't know... I just don't know. My AF is due on the 13th of May (my daughters 3rd birthday) and my partners 30th birthday is May 12th - the day to take a HPT if I were to have Od in the middle of my cycle. It's so close, but still seems so far away!

I HATE THE 2WW!!!!!!!

12 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 12 Replies | Last Page

Make that FOUR BDs off the bat - CD 7/10/12/13.

I think I've cured this man! ;]

11 years ago • Post starter

********BD CD7*********
CD 8 10DPO May 1st 14 DPO May 5th (currently 6DPO)
********BD CD9*********
CD 9 10 DPO May 2nd 14 DPO May 6th (currently 5DPO)
CD10 10 DPO May 3rd 14 DPO May 7th (currently 4DPO)
CD11 10 DPO May 4th 14 DPO May 8th (currently 3DPO)
********BD CD12*********
CD12 10 DPO May 5th 14 DPO May 9th (currently 2DPO)
********BD CD13*********
CD13 10 DPO May 6th 14 DPO May 10th (currently 1DPO)
CD14 10 DPO May 7th 14 DPO May 11th (currently 0DPO)

This is currently where I am... I'm on CD 14 - could be anywhere from 0-6DPO - it's a bit of a drag... I personally, reckon I ovulate on CD10 - which puts me at 4DPO...

It's a total drag being so unsure.... I have enough internet cheapies so I'll just be testing every morning with FMU - I also bought 2 FRERs and 2 CBDs - just to confirm if and when required... if at all..

It took my 9 months to conceive my middle child and I found out I was pregnant with my 3rd, 2 weeks after making the decision to try... I always thought/felt like my 3rd was my last child and at the time I was relieved...

But as much as I hate the TWW, I LOVE the anticipation of it all. Is there a ball of cells rapidly dividing inside of me right now?! Eeeeeeeek!!

11 years ago • Post starter

Well.. Results are in. Yes there WAS a ball of cells rapidly dividing within me. We've made a baby. I can't believe it!!!!!

I'm in total shock, don't really know what to make of it all. I just took myself off for a midnight wee (and another cheeky test) and its still positive, nothing's changed...

4 children? Uh, I'm not entirely sure how I'd cope... :(

Unbelievable.

I think I need a week to let this all sink in..

10 years ago • Post starter

So, that baby wasn't to be..

BUT it's nearly 3 years later... My children are now 13, 6 and 5.. My partner graduated from university this year with first class honours and now has a well paid job.. The only problem is between then and now, I've completed a college access course and am currently half way through MY first year at university, completing a social work degree..

We're actively trying this month and aiming for a September baby - this means I can finish year one and defer year 2 of university until September 2017.. And if it doesn't happen this month then realistically it won't happen at all... As of March 2017, there will be cuts to families of more than two or more children (born after March 2017) - so we couldn't afford to survive while I was still a student...

Keeping everything crossed! X

8 years ago • Post starter

I can sympathise with you it's so frustrating! We are ttc number 2 and have been for a year. It's hard when financial constraints are in the way, I'm hoping to go to uni in about 4 years when the kids are at full time school. I've currently got a 3 year old. Sorry that pregnancy wasn't meant to be but it's lovely that you've updated your post as so many don't.

8 years ago

ne thing I hadn't anticipated is that I might not be pregnant - which is becoming increasingly apparent... My cycles are 2-3 days longer than they were when we conceieved at the first available opportunity..

We are now both in our 30s, so 3 years old... and I' slightly worried that I don't have another healthy egg, or the ability to carry a pregnancy to term, in me...

I'm not really sure what we'll do if I'm not pregnant this cycle.. that will literally be until I graduate in June 2018... by then I'll be 24 and my other 3 children, so old, I may not want to (my eldest will be 16, #2 will be 9 and my youngest 8.)..

Perhaps I shuld just be happy with what I have rather than tempting fate? I really feel, like in my bones, that another pregnancy would not be good for me... I can't explain it..

I wish 2013 baby had worked out.. I still have it's recorded heartbeat on my phone... :(

I think managed to do it 1st cycle - again! I can't believe it.. We're just holding back on the excitement as I'm 4 days away from AF showing up, so we realise anything could happen...

I don't especially feel pregnant (obviously, it's so early), I didn't really have the same intuitive feeling that I had the last time, I tested and tested because I KNEW I was pregnant.. this time, I wasn't so sure...

But anyway, provisionally 'We're PREGNANT!!! ARGHHH!'

Im ttc baby number 3 took a test with frer and got faint positive at 9dpo took another one yesterday at 10 dpo with digi clearblue was a bfn. I really hope af doesnt show up.

8 years ago

I just tested with a digital and got BFN BUT I did buy some storebrand tests and got a BFP again, as well as more BFPs on some ICs... I'll save my last digital for the 14th - when I'm due AF and I'll keep testing with ICs for progression and take my remaining storebrand in two days time...

ARGH!! I can't believe it! Doesn't feel real...

Scared already for a 2nd C-section!

Ok, so I'm beginning to think I am imagining this "pregnancy" - I am seeing NO progression from 2 days ago, whatsoever. Two mornings in a row I have tested with FMU and nothing is getting any darker, or starting to show up any quicker...

I have 4 FRER tests with visible-to-the-naked-eye and from-arms-length lines, which showed up around the 5 minute mark - I even have a 'control' test that I took with water JUST to see if they were faulty - and that is stark white, not even a hint of a grey evap or an indent...

..I just don't understand... My two store-brand tests showed up faintly, but are way easier to see out of the case and laid on white paper - but they're blue and are there... Still 2 BFNs on store-brand digital...

I just thought that I would have at least had some progression using FMU...

I'd be really grateful if you'd take a look through my HPT gallery and let me know what you think of my tests this cycle?

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo