Community post

Discussion

Low Hcg Level..

Hi, my last period was january 13th, I was supposed to have my next period 1 week and 1 day ago. I took a pregnancy test, it turned out positive. I went to the doctor and took a HCG, the HCG level was only 8 !!

Isn't the HCG level supposed to be much, much higher than 8? What could it mean? I can't say for sure when I had ovulation. I have not experienced bleeding, but I have had stomach pain (more back pain maybe).

What could be the cause of hcg level 8? The doctor told me it was the lowest hcg level my he had ever measured. But he also said: "it has to start somewhere". I am going to take a bloodtest to see if the HCG level is changed, but what should I expect? Anyone who want to share their stories?

7 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

Bump

9 years ago • Post starter

Nobody knows?

Don't loose hope. It should be doubling every two-three days as far as I know. When is your next test?

User Image

9 years ago

Hcg doubles every 2-3 days. I'm assuming your doctor ordered a recheck of your hcg? My hcg was 7.5 the day I miscarried and was in the negative range 2 days later. However, it's hard to know if your hcg was simply low due to recent implantation. Good luck!

9 years ago

The next test said hcg was 52! :)

That's good news! Best of luck to you!

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo