Community post

Discussion

Not sure where to begin

Hello everyone. This is my first post. I am looking for guidance and advice. Well, let me begin...
I am 34. All of my years growing up, I never expressed my wanting of children. I was never the type to be like "oh when I have kids...." In fact, no one in my family knows that we have been trying on and off for the past 2 years. I have been with my husband 10 years and married for 5.
The past 2 months we have been truly serious about trying. I am nervous about being 34. I feel like I am "too old " and that is why we haven't been successful.
My husband asked me two months ago to talk with my obgyn and see if we should have infertility testing. He wants to make sure he isn't "shooting blanks". I am hesitant to go to the doctor. I don't want to feel like a moron.
I have an app on my phone "Ovia" that I have been using. I have tried ovulation test strips but I have never gotten a positive reading, but I do have other ovulation symptoms during that time of the month.
I have talked to one of my friends that I trust, but her advice is...relax and have fun! I want real advice.....

1 Reply • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

Real advice.....

You may not like it but, go to the doctor. I know it is a horrible feeling to have to make that appointment and then go through all the questions, etc. But, this will inspire action! If your doc is supportive they will do tests to see if there are any obvious reasons for infertility. You and he/she can develop a plan of action. It may include your regular ob/gyn, but it may require a referral. Either way, the first step is to talk to your doctor. The testing and waiting and explaining are not exactly fun but that kind of waiting beats the past 2 years of waiting to get that BFP.

I just recently...finally, called my doctor and had some tests run to see why I haven't had a period in over a year. It was a relief. Of course now there are all these other steps I need to take, but it is worth it to know I am doing everything I can to make this happen.

I say, have fun (of course!), but take action! Be your loudest advocate and never settle for less than what you think you deserve/need! Best of luck to you!!!

User Image

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo