Community post

Discussion

THE FIRST TEIMESTER IS THE DEVIL

I am so grateful and happy to finally be pregnant but nothing and no one could have prepared me for the terrible months ahead. I was beyond happy to finally see the BFP that every other woman had spoken about seeing and for the first 6 weeks I remember thinking oh this will be a breeze...........LIES!!! 6W1D the reality of being pregnant hit me like a ton of bricks. I was not expecting to be this tired....I don't mean omg I have had a long day kind of tired....I mean I feel like I have run a marathon, worked 3 jobs, and still had time to cook a 5 star meal kjnd of tired......all I wanted and still want to do is SLEEP. The extreme sense of smell. I can smell EVERYTHING (and it isn't a good thing). Everything is offensive to me...even the scents of things that I used to love....dryer sheets had tonthrow them all out..candles (dare you to light one), pinesol, dish detergent......my caress soap and body wash...and any kind of cooking was and still is forbidden (poor hubby).I had to say bye to all of those things....and the worst of it the morning sickness which in my case turned out to be all day sickness.....my days were spent hugging the toilet.....water crackers, soups, bread, none of it stayed down......I was vomiting at least 5 times a days which of course led to dehydration and hospital visits. I couldn't get an apt with my OBGYN until at least a few weeks so I had to bare through it....I tried every over the counter remedy doc suggested......what a joke......the nasuea was even worse b/c when I wasn't throwing up I was feeling as if I had to and really wishing I could....PREGNANCY IS HARD..anything to not feel this way........I'm 11wks now and on zofran (thank God for it) and honestly starting to feel better. Seeing our baby moving around during the ultrasound made everything I had been going through suddenly worth it. I started reading other women's stories whonhave experienced exactly what I had and we all agree...we'd do it a million times. I know I'm not the only woman here that has gone through or that maybe going through at the same moment as I am. I just wanted to write to say hold on, dig in....remember the light at the end of the tunnel......baby will arrive in a little while and all the hard work will have paid off. Guys please share if you've been there or even if you're here now....having support really does help.

2 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

I feel your pain!! I'm 9 weeks now and into the 4th week of all day sickness and nausea and the tiredness is unbearable sometimes! On anti sickness tablets which do help but don't take the nausea away. How can some women have no sypmtoms I hate these women lol. Been off sick from work for 3 weeks and luckily my manager is understanding ( or she says she is) I can't wait for 12 weeks as it's supposed to get better! Had an early scan last week due to a bit of bleeding but all was ok and saw our little peanut and the heartbeat which makes it all worth it I guess! I don't think pregnancy agrees with me xx

9 years ago

Jbug,
Congrats on your bundle of joy!!!! Sorry for the late response......haven't felt the best today.......I am literally praying for the days when I can enjoy my pregnancy. I'm a few days short of being 12w...according to doc I should be there Saturday. I am hoping all of this will be over by then. My best friend is 17wks and hasn't even been remotely sick (I hate her lol). I praynthis ends for both of us real soon. I need my energy back......I am a clean freak and not being to keep my home the way I'm accustomed to is getting unbearable. Seeing the hearbeat is the most beautiful thing I've ever sen. Hang in there and know you're not alone.....please keep in touch.....I'd love to know how you're doing :)

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo