Community post

Discussion

Cold and Sinus problems in early pregnancy

I came down with a cold earlier this week and it is kicking my butt! Anyone else having issues with cold, chills, low grade fevers, etc?

5 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

I had minor colds but nothing serious...,just stuffy nose, scratchy throat.....OBGYN said it's normal.....I wouldn't worry. Just keep hydrated. How far along are you?

9 years ago

Ok. yeah, I'm keeping very hydrated, as that's really all you can do :-/ Hoping it'll go away soon. Wonder if it has to do with a lowered immune system in early pregnancy? DD got what I had after me, which is odd, usually it's the other way around.

I'll be 6 weeks on Wednesday.

I remember having a cold with my DD and that's why I thought I had a late period but it turned out I was pregnant.

9 years ago • Post starter

Aww.....i'm sorry......I know how you feel I have been miserable in my first trimester....6wks...eeeek!! That is when the symptoms really kicked in for me....the dreaded morning sickness which in my case turnes out to be all day sickness. Ihope you sail through without any of that. I'm 11wks now and praying that it ends by wk12 like wveryone says it will. Did you have it with your daughter??

9 years ago

With my daughter, I didn't know I was pregnant. I was really sick with a sinus infection and thought I had missed my period because of that. I had irregular cycles and endometriosis, so missing one wasn't out of the norm.

But I think I was maybe 4 weeks when I got really sick at the time.

ready2bamommy12, sorry to hear you were sick with morning sickness! I never had that with DD, BUT I had terrible GERD and heartburn all through the 3rd trimester, so bad that I would be up tossing my cookies from 11pm-2am everynight for the last 3 months! I even had to eat dinner, per DR, by 5pm everyday, nothing but water after that time and could not eat tomatoes or anything else acid inducing. It was not fun.

I'm feeling a tad better today, although DD got what I had which is no fun having a sick toddler. Plus side from being 6wks today, my bbs have stopped hurting. They're only mildly tender now but nothing like the last 2 weeks. However, I am noticing that I have been really dizzy the last few days. I have got to drink more water.

9 years ago • Post starter

Glad to hear you're feeling better but sorry to hear about your daughter. Poor baby....I hope she starts to feel better soon. My doc has also warned me about possible heartburn which is bad news for me b/c I looooove spicy foods. I am heading into wk12 on Sat so hopefully this time next week....I will be feeling like my old self again. I wouldn't wish what I have gone through on anyone. I ended up in ER twice b/c I kept getting dehydrated and my pressure kept dropping. My bb's stopped hurting too aroumd the same time and seems to now be starting back up again. My nips are on fire (sorry tmi). I am heavily constipated...my appetite seems to be picking back up though. I am just praying for the light at the end of the tunnel. Please try to stay hydrated I know its hard when you're sick but it'll be so much worse if you're dehydrated. Hooe you keep me posted.

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo