Community post

Discussion

Thyroid test after MC was normal..BUT..TSH high on CD24

I think early pregnancy hormones are affecting my already strained thyroid, as I was already on border level normal - Although Docs don't bother telling you that usually. If u have had recurrent miscarriages...maybe u might want to ask ur doc for further tests after reading this
Please check out you Thyroid and get an insulin resistance test (PRE-diabetic test)-
Your thyroid can be in normal range, but if you have thyroid antibodies, there is significant research that this can cause miscarriages. I only just found this out yesterday - and started thyroid meds yesterday (safe in pregnancy)
Pls read this from my OB Consultant
"There is some evidence that even subclinical hypothyroidism (especially if antithyroid antbodies are present) can be associated with miscarriage. A large research trial on this is about to start (termed the TABLET trial).I think you might benefit form 50mg levothyroxine daily. Your GP should be able to arrange this."
My question was

"Yesterday my GP ran a thyroid test and TSH was 4.4 (range .3-4.2). I don't like taking medicines, and in fact in the past I was the opposite - Hyperthyroid - which then naturally came back into range.
Do you think that it is worth taking the thyroid medication, as a way to prevent miscarriage"

Normal TSH Levels DURING PREGNANCY
According to research, during a normal pregnancy, the following are the TSH normal ranges for an iodine-sufficient population without autoimmune antibodies...
First Trimester: 0.24 - 2.99
Second Trimester: .46-2.95
Third Trimester: .43 - 2.78

I have also had a insulin resistance test - awaiting results as they can take a while..

1 Reply • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

any opinions pls?

10 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo