Community post

Discussion

When are you past risk of a "chemical pregnancy"?

So..... I have a test in the unsure pregnancy photos and the feedback is that it its definitely positive. Needless to say I'm going to the doctor tomorrow. Crazy part is... I just came off bc a month ago so I can't tell you the last period versus a withdrawl bleed. Best I can tell the withdrawal bleed being treated as a cycle I'm17dpo. Now that I'm looking around a lot of people are talking about chemical pregnancy but most of those are early positives. At least 17 dpo would put me past an "early" positive and safe from a chemical pregnancy?

Oh. And where can I find the lost of acronyms everyone is using? I'm so confused :)

1 Reply • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

First of all, congrats on your BFP (Big Fat Positive!) A chemical pregnancy is a term used to describe a pregnancy that is being diagnosed through HCG levels but not via an ultrasound. An ultrasound can detect a pregnancy at around 6 weeks, so any loss before that would be considered a chemical pregnancy. Therefore, at 17 dpo, you'd technically still be at the risk of a CP, although don't worry about it too much.
Here are the most used terms you'll find on the site:

- BFP: Big Fat Positive
- BFN: Big Fat Negative
- CP: Chemical Pregnancy
- FMU: First Morning Urine
- SMU: Second Morning Urine
- AF: Aunt Flo (Your mean period)
- DPO: Days Past Ovulation
- HPT: Home Pregnancy Test
- TWW: Two Week Wait
- TTC: Trying to Conceive

Hope this helps and good luck with everything!

User Image

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo