Community post

Discussion

Please Help Relieve Some Worry!

Ok Im a little worried and freaked out right now. My husband and I have been TTC so the fact of being pregnant is not whats freaking me out its the fact of how early I tested positive. I was 3w2d when I got my first positive. I know of exact o day thanks to OPK's and Temp Charting. It wasnt faint by any means. I was 3 days late before I got a faint positive with my daughter. I guess whats freaking me out is all that Ive read and been told that testing positive early could be an indication of multiples. You may be asking why I would even worry about this but multiples runs rampit in my family. Not to mention all of the dreams Ive had of being pregnant have to do with having twins. Also I was about 5w with my daughter before morning sickness and all the early pregnaancy symptoms hit. I am now 3w4d and the extreme exhaustion and nausea have started. The nausea isnt just in the morning it seems to be a vast majority of the day. I guess my question would be does having tested positive early and getting symptoms this early have any correlation to having multiples?

5 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

My mum had identical twins and said that she didnt notice anything different about the beginning of that pregnancy compared to her three others. She said she had the exact same amount of morning sickness as with the others. She didnt even know she was having twins until she was 20 weeks.

11 years ago

Awesome thanks sunflowerseed!

11 years ago • Post starter

I had my positive that early and i am only carrying one! Dont stress! Just chill and get some rest. Worrying about it won't change a thing! You could be making yourself nauseated from the anxiety!

11 years ago

Thanks Mssissy! I'm trying not to worry about it! If the twin gene didn't run in the family it would make it a little easier!

11 years ago • Post starter

Early bfps and symptoms CAN be an indication of multiples. Like others have said though it can also just be one baby. If you're really concerned talk to your doctor. She can't give you an ultrasound until you are at least 6 weeks (if she wants to do one that early, but she can at least run some tests and give you some more information. Congrats on the pregnancy! And good luck!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo