Community post

Discussion

Maca Root, What's your thoughts?

Whats everyone's thoughts on Maca Root? I have only read great things about this in helping boost female and male fertility. I wanted to see if anyone has tried Maca and had good experiences with it or even if your willing to try it out as well. I heard it should only be taken during the first part of the cycle then stopped after ovulation or suspected Ov. TIA ladies! Baby dust!!

2 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Hi - I take maca everyday in shakes ( as powder) or pill if I don't have time to make a shake. I didn't know you shouldn't take it after ovulation. Do you have an article you could share? I'm eager to read more on it..

8 years ago

I took red Maca powder last year when I got pregnant after trying for a year. From what I have read you take it until you're pregnant, although it won't hurt the baby. I used up the pouch I had and stopped taking it. The Maca Team's web site has lots of information. Unfortunately I didn't carry to term, but I'm sure that had nothing to do with the maca, Peruvians practically live on the stuff. I found that the easiest way to handle the flavor is to add it to a yogurt and grapefruit juice smoothie.

I'm starting to take maca again now. I did like the way it made me feel; healthy, full of energy, rested. Even if it's only placebo effect at work... I'm ok with that as long as I get results.

I tried the pineapple too. The catch is.... you have to eat the core and it must be fresh. I made pineapple core smoothies for a week following ovulation and only ended up with a very, very raw mouth.

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo