Community post

Discussion

Faint Lines and Need Some Feedback Please!!

Ok so everyone has read the scenario elsewhere before. I have 3 test showing faint lines on First Response Early Test. Lines are pink and only become visible after 4 minutes or so but before the 10 minute mark. Took 3 in 24 hours to make sure I did them right! FMU on 2 and the 3rd was a midday test. Decided to test with E.P.T. to see if I could get a positive and of course no plus sign. AHHH the wait. This was another midday test and I know how important FMU is. Ive read it all and was hoping for some real life feedback here! The reason I have tested so much is I was told I was a candidate for IVF. Im young and healthy and have tried everything we can to increase the odds with my man but based on cycle issues, I had no AF without taking BC and was on he books for IVF in March. The past 2 cycles have been normal so we decided to try on our own and hope for a little miracle. Timed everything out and tested yesterday as it was my best guess for being 5 days out from AF. I am 9DPO and just counting the seconds for a BFP. I know the risk of chemical pregnancies and early testing and we are prepared to handle any news that may come but this is as much of a blessing for me to know my body is functioning normally and I see AF every month as it is to Know I may be showing detectable levels of HCG and actually be pregnant!! Big thanks in advance to anyone who helps with this column <3User ImageUser ImageUser Image

8 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 8 of 8 Replies

Trying to post the picture of the tests.

User Image

9 years ago • Post starter

I definitely see the lines. I would test again tomorrow with FMU as it's supposed to be the strongest. the test should get darker as the hcg increases. Congrats though it looks like you've caught the egg.

Me:29 DH:27 Mar 31 2015: IUI #1, MC 16/04 May 30, 2015: IUI #2, Jul 31, 2015: IUI #3, Aug 25, 2015: IUI #4, Sep 26, 2015: IUI #5, Oct 24, 2015: IUI #6,

9 years ago

Weeelll, I'm no doctor, but I definitely see three faint lines, even though there appears to be no 'plus'. Gads, who knew there was such a difference between brands?
Oh I do hope the very best for you! *fingers crossed* and all that baby dust I hear folks around here talk about! :-)

C'mon little bean! :-)

9 years ago

They say 9 DPO is still a little early but if your getting faint lines on Frer's l would say it's looking good :)

9 years ago

They say 9 DPO is still a little early but if your getting faint lines on Frer's l would say it's looking good :) Reposted as l just saw the test images, they r definitely positive :)

9 years ago

Thanks for the replies! I wanted to post some more photos from this morning. Its looking great and I feel better saying its a BFP. The second pink line is showing up much faster, around a minute and a half, and you can see it is getting darker over the past 24 hours. It is still faint but I am still early and these test where done over 48 hours. I have read in plenty of places that HCG will double in 48-72 hours so I would expect anything moving forward from tomorrow would have darker lines. Today though I really want to point out for anyone taking multiple tests or who are considering a second brand as a "second opinion" to go with that instinct and get multiple options of test, especially when wanting to know as early as possible. The E.P.T. yesterday was an obvious negative. No imagining the full plus sign at all, however, I had three separate FREPT results that where positives but faint pink lines.The First Response Tests where from separate boxes and purchases, I really wanted to make sure I covered all odds of evap lines, and from the photos you will see they all have the same result. When you look at all 5 together over a 48hr period it looks obvious the pink lines are getting darker. Ok, to the point, the E.P.T. shows what I would say is a negative again today. I don't know if anyone else can stare at the second E.P.T. from 2/7 and maybe maybe maybe see a full plus sign but me and the man agreed that it would not be a readable positive. Its possible that us looming over it created a shadow affect and I know everyones screen may look different but looking at it then and later we just don't see it. I would feel safe in saying that for me the Early First Response is showing what it claims to show. I have some "Im late test" that look for much higher HCG levels so I will post results of that too or if we get news from the OB first. Setting appointment today for early next week. Thanks again for the positive thoughts and I hope any others going crazy with possible faint line results finds this helpful!
User Image
User Image

These two are the same test just pictures taken in different lighting! Will do a follow up post with E.P.T. photo. Not letting me post pic in this response

User Image

Just to confirm for anyone interested I am pregnant. Got blood work in yesterday. Beta HCG at 217 at 13DPO!

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo