Community post

Discussion

Weird cycles after stopping birth control and TTC our 3rd.

I got a FAINT + HPT while on birth control and bled a few days later with some abnormal cramping. My last actual period was Dec 14-19th. I stopped taking my birth control Dec 31 and spotted the day after. After that my husband and I decided we would TTC Our 3rd but I haven't had a normal cycle yet. I got a + ovulation test Monday, Jan 12 and spotted slightly on Jan 13 and just BARELY on the 14th. I spotted again the following week on the 18-19th. I had my wisdom teeth removed Jan 26th and was on antibiotics for a week and I'm not sure if that affects anything but thought I would mention it. Anyway.. Has anyone had similar experience when coming off of BC? How long did it take to get a normal cycle and conceive? Thanks! :) (I do have a calendar of all of these things for clarity if anyone wants to see it)

2 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Hi Stuckbugmommy,
I came off BC at the beginning of May, had a 3 day period. My next period was 19, 20, 21 July then 4 months of nothing. Dec 19, 20, 21 was my next period and then 24 days later on Jan 12, 13, 14 I had another period. Again 24 days later on 5 Feb I got my next period. Its seems my periods have now settled back on track. I also had my FSH, LH and E2 tested on day 3 of my Jan period and they came back normal. I am 48 and my husband and I are TTC (we both have children from previous marriages)
In all it took 6 months for my body to reset.
All the best to you and DH,

9 years ago

Thank you so much! Prayers for your conception!ð???

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo