Community post

Discussion

First time TTC; going crazy!

View Full Post

Hello all, I have found this site while going crazy during this two week wait. I am inexperienced with symptoms and waiting and what to expect...I would appreciate anyone's advice...

My LMP was 2/11, I'm sure I ovulated between 2/25-2/27...I began with breast heaviness & soreness on 2/28 which is unusual for me to start with that early before AF. And it as continued - still sore boobs/swollen. I have noticed I've been a little more tired; requiring a nap the other day and going to bed earlier. And finally, on 9 or 10 DPO, (yesterday) I started with some dull lower abd cramping/pressure on & off all day... I have tested the last couple days because I am so impatient!!!! And obviously BFN... I know it is too early... Does it sound like I may have a chance?? Maybe I'm making up these symptoms?? AF is due 3/11... and I'm thankful for working 12 hour shifts the next couple days to distract myself! Please advise!!!

323 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

161 - 170 of 323 Replies | Last Page

Hi bonnysolace! Glad you joined! Good luck and keep us updated on your journey!
Mammycool, I think that using opk's is a good place to start. once you get a positive opk, you will ovulate 12-36 hours after your last positive. Then, once you start to actually ovulate, the egg usually lasts for about 12-24 hours. so yes, you are right. hopefully you can time it right with you hubby. i would say that if you bd every other day during your "fertile week" (days leading up to ovulation), you should be good. they say to bd every other day to let the sperm have time to build back up and mature. Everyone is different but i have never been able to do my bbt bc i work nights and my schedule is too screwed up to stick with that. also, ive been told that by the time you have your temp spike indicating your O, it is already over so you can catch it as good. but it all depends on you and what you feel good doing. let me know how it goes! :)

10 years ago

To Ashley - So glad to hear you started your own YouTube channel, I really want to check it out :)
Match the inspiring words with a face ;)
I really hope the psychicic is right once again, and you get this cycle (this time a sticky one :)!
I am currently 5dpo, and no major symptoms..just the classical post OV sore nipples (progesterone) and some twitching, which are both things I have every month after OV.
The only strange thing I noticed was last night, when my BF and I were making love, and I had to make him stop because I felt the worst stabbing pain in my right ovary. Immediately after he stopped, the pain went away...so weird.. Any of you girls experienced anything like this?

User Image

10 years ago

kejtblue, i havent experienced anything like that. but who knows what it could be. everyone is different. maybe you will get your bfp this month. are you gonna wait til your missed period to test or test early? i used to test early but here lately ive just been waiting. dont know what i will do this month.

10 years ago

thank you AshleyLauren thats a great help. i feel like im asking stupid questions as you all seem to know so much about the topic. thanks again i wll keep you updated!
xxx

10 years ago

To Abennett - Yeah..I also hope its a good sign, but dont want to warm up to the thought too much.
Also, I decided not to test unless AF is a no show, because by testing early in the past, I discovered 2 chemicals, which I may have not even known about..On one hand it is useful to know what your body is going through, especially now since I have a doctors appointment (im sure it will be brought up), but on the other hand, I prefer I hadnt found out..it would save me so much heartache.
How many cycles have you been TTC- ing for?

User Image

10 years ago

No question is a dumb question. Before we started TTC, I didn't even know when to expect my period. I never tracked, didn't know much about ovulation, etc. You learn as you go! :)

Good luck ;)

User Image Ashley&Bryan 6.1.12

10 years ago

kejtblue....I understand about wishing you didnt know. i would probably feel the same way. I am on my 8 cycle of ttc. my husband got a semen analysis done the other day and everything came back normal. which is great, but where do we go from here? My doc told me that i could start clomid whenever im ready. but i'd rather not if its not necessary. im gonna give it a few more months before we consider it. how long have you been ttc? im hoping our luck will change for the better very soon!

10 years ago

Abennett - It is our 8th cycle now as well :) Cycle buddies!
I wonder tho..if you have your DH checked, why not do the same with yourself? Just to put your heart at ease...

User Image

10 years ago

thats true...i have thought about that. but my doc says that the only thing she would do is called hsg and it checks to see if your tubes are blocked. but if my tubes were blocked then i wouldnt be ovulating, right? bc i have been o'ing every month. the test is $1,200 and insurance doesnt cover it. so i just didnt want to go through it if i thought i was fine anyways. i think it just hasnt been the right time for us. everyone believes different, but i believe that God has perfect timing and he will bless us with a beautiful baby when the time is right. I keep telling myself that to try and stay positive :)

10 years ago

That is a lot of money, you are right..What I had in mind was more like a hormonal panel (blood draw),where they check your levels of everything.. That is what Im going to have on the 27th of this month.

User Image

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo