Community post

Discussion

6 week ultrasound (image) - thoughts? panicking! :(

Hi everyone!

due to some scary bleeding and horrific cramping on Tuesday, I was sent for an early scan on Wednesday morning. By dates, I'm 6+1, the scan puts me at 6+3 today - so not far off!

However after the initial relief/joy of the nurse telling me that baby is healthy (she even saw a little flicker of a heartbeat!) and that bubs is in the right place, she fell silent. When I asked what the problem was - she said she saw two yolk sacs?! But only one fetal pole and only one heartbeat. My local EPAU is notoriously frantic so she didn't have time to explain what that meant in detail, just dismissed me with 'it's too early to tell' and booked a rescan in two weeks. Anyone have any experience of this? I know the only way to know for sure what's happening will be to wait two weeks, but I'm so worried that something awful has happened that I just wanted an idea of what I'm likely to expect at the next scan. Is it twins? Or just a blip on the scan? If I've got two buns in the oven, are things looking bleak for the surprise bundle of utter joy? I'm so frightened and stressed right now, I can barely think of anything else :(

I've (tried to!) attach the (admittedly grainy!) image - had to sneak a photo quickly while the nurse was out typing the report! ;)

User Image

Let me know what you think ladies!!

Wishing you all a happy and healthy 9 months xxx

5 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

It does look like two yolk sacs! best of luck to you! hoping it was just too early to see the other one and in a couple weeks you'll have two little heartbeats. :-);

9 years ago

I see two! Do not get worked up or upset during your next 2ww. Having multiples, usually there's one that will grow faster! Your lucky you even saw any heart beat!!! Good luck!!!!

9 years ago

Thanks ladies! Keeping my fingers crossed that my little ones catch up and snuggle in for a healthy full-term stay. It's all just so nerve wracking - 2ww's are just so emotional! But I know I'm so lucky to be in this position at all and so thankful - I'm just a natural worrier!

xxx

9 years ago • Post starter

Sometimes it takes a little time 4 the other 2 catch up, wishing u all the best :)

9 years ago

Just thought I'd update (in case anyone in a similar situation finds this post in the future!).

Went for another scan two weeks after this one and both babies are happy, healthy and growing wonderfully!! Two beautiful heartbeats that made me cry tears of utter joy :)

xxx

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo