Community post

Discussion

Spotting - common occurrance?

so, i got my BFP last friday the 22nd. My period was due between last Wednesday and this past Saturday. Since Saturday, i notice a little pink on the toilet paper after i pee. it is on and off. But has been 4 days now! it is light, so no pad needed, just on the toilet paper - like a little streak. Is this common?? I had a blood test with my primary yesterday and my HCG was ok. Going back next Monday for another. I have my first OB appointment on 3/27. I called that office and they said since i am a new patient and they dont know my history, the nurse cannot talk to me. i was shocked but dont know if that is a common practice with doctor's offices. I dont have cramps or anything. just worried because i hear how common miscarriages are this early on. is it common to spot? thanks!

2 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

I spotted with both my previous pregnancies, usually around the time AF was due to show (DD2 i had a light 'bleed' for about 5 days then brown spotting for another 4/5 days around 6/7 weeks). General advice i would give is if its brown or pink its 'ok' generally thats older blood. If its red or becomes heavy you need to speak to your Dr for advice.

Laura, “It’s going to be okay in the end. If it’s not okay. It’s not the end.”

11 years ago

thanks!

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo