Community post

Discussion

6 wk u/s - no baby..anyone found a baby at a later u/s?

I had a 6 week scan last week, and nothing was found on the u/s. my OB pretty much said I'm too old to carry a pregnancy, and said i'd miscarried, and pretty much told me to call him back to get a D&C.

Obviously I was distraught as i had a mmc just 5 months ago. I've done a bit of research and found he shouldn't have made a diagnosis until I'd been scanned at 8 weeks or more I was very backed up (constipated tmi) and i have fibroids also which i have read can obscure the the view..

I still have all my symptoms too..I'm just wondering whether or not any of you ladies out there have gone through the same thing and found a baby at a later scan, or if you know of anyone who has?

I guess i'm just trying to find a glimmer of hope x

2 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Hello,

It is possible not to be accurate so early, as a few days difference can make a big difference to seeing a baby or seeing nothing at all.

There is no danger to wait and see. Would recommend you don't do a D&C and ask for a repeat u/s in 2 weeks (or have blood work to test hormone levels). This should give you a better idea.

Best wishes

9 years ago

I did actually call them yesterday and asked for a second opinion. They vagreed to do an hcg test and a rescan next week.

I think ( from what I've read ) it was a bit too soon to diagnose a miscarriage being as i had full bowels and fibroids, plus wasn't 100% sure of dates.

Still having all symptoms, just threw up half an hour ago cooking hubbys dinner :)

Time will tell i guess x

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo