Community post

Discussion

Light red/ pink watery bleeding

Hi everyone!

I have been experiencing some weird things this month that usually never happen. I have 27 day cycles and my period comes religiously every month. This month it was 5 days late. I started spotting without cramping a few days ago (Saturday) which I thought was odd because I usually never spot before my period starts, and the blood was bright pink and watery. Yesterday I started experiencing light cramping and the blood got a teeny tiny bit heavier (still not enough to fill a tampon or a pad) and there are no clots whatsoever. My normal periods are very heavy for the first two days and there are a lot of clots that come with it. This one is just off for some reason. I have not taken a pregnancy test since my "missed period". My Husband also mentioned to me the other day that (sorry for all the TMI lol) my nipples are a lot darker now. I have not felt normal these two weeks at all and I do feel that there is a chance that I could be pregnant, but the bleeding (bright pink/ watery red) and mild cramping is scary. Has anyone else experienced something similar to this and would be able to help me?

3 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

Hi, when I got pregnant with my first child I had light pink/red spotting for one day it was very light it turned out to be implantation bleeding. I think as long as it doesn't get any heavier it should be a good sign. I would still wait to test as your hcg has to build up.

Good luck hope u get the result you wish for :))

11 years ago

To bigheat09
It would be really helpful if you could post an update
Were you pregnant that time?

I am in a similar position.
28 day regular cycle. 7DPO I had beige spotting and a bright red wipe!
When I was due with no AF arrival I thought it must have been implantation bleeding. Experienced very mild dull like cramping which was more like an inconvenience than anything else not like normal pre AF pain.
I was excited as TTC month7! hPT said negative.
After 7 days late I took another and it said negative.
I made an appointment with doctors and then began bleeding.
It is not like my normal period.
It is brighter red and almost mixed with water, like EWCM and slightly sticky.
Sorry if TMI but I like to be accurate. I began having AF like cramping which is still there.
So I put a pad on and after 7 hours it is beginning to mark the pad.
I would like to know what my body is playing at because this 7 days late and light unusual bleed thing is abnormal for me.
Any one experienced this and was or was not pregnant?
I've not been on any contraception for 18 months

10 years ago

I recently experienced the exact same thing. The blood was a small amount and pinkish in color. I asked some ladies here who explained that it could be implantation bleeding. I am currently 14dpo. I made a doctor appointment.

Mrs.Chase

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo