Community post

Discussion

Arousal mucus vs. fertile cervical mucus...

Just curious...my cervical mucus fluctuates from month to month - sometimes I'm gushing, other times I'm super dry during my fertile days. So I was pondering preseed/egg whites. Are these things better than my natural lubrication? I have no problem in that department, but I wasn't sure if one was better than the other.

In a nutshell - can my vaginal secretions (from being aroused) be acidic? Is that a stupid question or what...lol...

User Image Daddy and I are sooo excited to meet you! I hope you decide to stay. :) Nikolai Yoshio Masuoka Alaina Marie Masuoka

4 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

ooooh good question!!! I've been wondering about this kind of thing myself.

I've never really produced ewcm randomly, but the lubrication I release when I'm aroused seems like ewcm. Is it the same thing? I produce that when aroused though regardless of where I am in my cycle and it has nothing to do with when I'm ovulating. So how do you know if you have ewcm because you are ovulating or just because you've been aroused?

User Image User Image User Image

13 years ago

ewcm is usually sticky stringy globby for me,as arousal mucous is more watery but still very slippery. i hope this kinda helps you guys..

13 years ago

Yay, glad to see I'm not the only one with weird questions! :)

So...the question really is - should we be using preseed, even though I produce a lot of fluid when aroused?

I'm afraid if there's TOO much liquid down there, that the sensation will be dampened...because there's less friction, ya know?

Oh man - I figure this whole site is TMI, why censor my posts...heehee. :)

On a side note - oh wow! We got married August '09...2 months after you!

User Image Daddy and I are sooo excited to meet you! I hope you decide to stay. :) Nikolai Yoshio Masuoka Alaina Marie Masuoka

13 years ago • Post starter

Copy/paste from Duofertility.com:

Arousal fluid and cervical mucus can feel similar, although arousal fluid is secreted by your vagina and cervical mucus is produced by your cervix. Arousal fluid can be present at any time in your cycle when you are sexually aroused, whereas the quality of cervical mucus changes during the menstrual cycle. Arousal fluid may be felt for several hours after sexual activity â?? so it will be especially difficult to tell it apart from cervical mucus at this point.

Arousal fluid usually feels more watery and will not stretch as much as cervical mucus, which will stretch significantly between fingers without breaking. Arousal fluid feels slippery when rubbed between fingers but when left, it will dry up quickly on your fingertips. Arousal fluid is also soluble in water, so will dissolve if placed in water, whereas cervical mucus will form a ball and sink.

I almost never have EWCM, and even when I have it there isn't very much, so we started using PreSeed last month. My DH <3s it very much... VERY much =p

I usually have plenty of arousal fluid at the beginning of the BDing days, but not as much closer to O because I'm just tired of it at that point lol. But even when I have arousal fluid and PreSeed, there isn't "too much". If you actually have EWCM too, then it just might be overkill.

I've read that using real egg whites is a bad idea because there could be salmonella, and you could introduce bad bacteria down there, causing worse problems.

As for vaginal secretions, they should have the same ph as the vagina - I think that's 3.8-4.5, or something in that range

User Image 03/02/2012 IUI #1 BFN 03/30/2012 IUI #2 BFP! - Chemical Pregnancy

13 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo