Community post

Discussion

Can femara cause ovulation with PCOS?

I took Clomid+trigger shot last month and was given Femara this month. CD 10 I had strong pains in area where my ovaries are. I don't recall having O pains before and supposedly I can't O without the trigger but I'm wondering if the Femara could make the eggs mature and release??? My scan is tomo and can they tell if I have O already or would it just look like an egg didn't mature??

4 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

I ovulated on femara this cycle when my body didn't respond well to clomid (I either ovulated very late or not at all). I still ovulated late (day 21) with femara but I ovulated without a trigger shot.

Would you still get a trigger shot this cycle?

9 years ago

The femara didn't work. No mature eggs. :-( Have to go back to Clomid which thinned my lining. So not sure what options I really have.

9 years ago • Post starter

I am sorry it didn't work for you. Were you on the highest possible dose of either? My Dr would increase my dosage when it didn't work.

9 years ago

It was 3 pills a day which is the same as what I have to take with Clomid. There are two docs in the office and I end up seeing both. I asked one for the Femara and saw the other one to find out it didn't work. He didn't suggest upping the dosage and I got the impression he felt like I should've stayed on the Clomid. We will be taking a break after this cycle. Hubby has decided its too expensive and too big of an age gap between our first. He has been unemployed since Thanksgiving so that is very stressful. Hopefully we can try again this spring. :-)

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo