Community post

Discussion

TTC with long cycles

So I just got off bc pill in Feb. My last period was the 13th of February. I have had nothing since. I have had maybe 4 days total- but not consecutavely of brown discharge or pink discharge but only when I wipe. I have had intermittent cramping, back ache, and sore bbs. Those usually only happen when I am PG. I have a 4 year old and soon to be 6 year old. I was on bc for about 4 years after my last son.
Anyone have any experience on ttc with a long cycle? My cycle is currently at a 56CD. I am trying to stay positive. My OB said that I would either get a BFP or my period eventually but at CD 56 how can that be possible? Lol! Thank you all in advance!!
Mistie

6 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

I also have a long cycle and TTC. I got off birth control in November and since then I've had 3 periods, anywhere from 35 days to 55....hard to plan out a pregnancy with that! I finally got the smiley on my ovulation kit this month last week on CD21, so I am trying to stay positive hoping this is the month, but no symptoms yet! Have you considered trying Clomid? It is an option I an definitely looking into.

13 years ago

It is nice to know that I am not the only one! :) I would be willing to try Clomid or other things most definitely! However, my OB won't do anything much about my cycles until I am 6-12 months and still having the irregularity issue. Tomorrow it will be 2 months since my last AF. I always did hate AF anyway, but since we are actively ttc I just wish I had a starting point on which to base things again. Getting off the pill just totally jacked my cycle all up! Lol!
Thank you for your help and I wish you the best of luck in TTC! Hope you get your BFP soon!!!

13 years ago • Post starter

I've heard other people say the same thing - that their docs won't give them anything until theyve been trying for a year. I think that's crazy. My doc left it totally up to me, she said if I'm ready, she will write me a prescription. I would say try a second opinion if you don't want to wait that long!

I wish you lots of luck in your baby making process :)

13 years ago

Was that your OB or a regular family doctor? Because I have considered going to my regular doctor who may be more likely to help me out with the issues I am having. I agree I don't think that I should (or anyone that wants to concieve) be told that I have to wait X amount of time before they will do anything about it. I guess I just don't see the purpose. They have all the power to help me but are unwilling for whatever reason.

13 years ago • Post starter

It's was my OB, but I have a friend who goes to the exact same practice but a different OB that was told to wait. So, it's really about the doctor I think. And you know what, just tell them you've been trying for a year, what do they know! :)

13 years ago

wow this is definitely the thread i m looking for

since i started bd with my husband (and no bc) for the past 8 months my cycles are totally messed up...

my average cycle is also like yours 56 days

but one of my longest was 70 and today i m at 60 days...

nbaby39 i m glad at least u were able to pin point ur ovulation i have no luck with that :(

my doc of course didn't help at all...and now i got 2nd opinion for fertility and yes we are going next month...but my hubby does not want any weird stuff..so i m hopin to be preggo before we go lolz..after all no af yet...

ladies plz keep this thread goin i will be following this because i've been reeeally lookin for support for ppl with long cycles here and everyone had small ones here lolz

thanks for ur support...add me a friend

oh i've started takin metformin to regulate my cycle since feb but obviously no help there lolz

and i m having all the weird symptoms but bfn this morning and worst constipation..i'll go see my doc today n i'll update u girls...

ciao!

User Image

13 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo