Community post

Discussion

Cycles are 5-6 wks long. We can't get preg, do I see a doc??

This is my 5th cycle trying for a second child, however this will be the first full cycles that I have not been breastfeeding. My cycles are 5-6 weeks long. The last two cycles have been exactly 6 weeks long to the day. I think I ovulated 5 days ago, but now I am not sure. I took the Ovulation tests and the line was dark, but now I am doubting myself. My husband leaves for training in a couple days so I am very hopeful!

My question is, have anyone gotten pregnant with these long cycles? Is this something I should see a doctor about? (TMI ALERT:) Also, for the past month or so, certain sexual positions involving deeper penetration have been very uncomfortable, even a bit painful.

User Image

User Image

3 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

I don't think it would hurt to see your dr. It's always better to be safe than sorry.

Ashley and Sean est 11/8/14 TTC first child Fur babies Beaux and Toby http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/stork_pink.gif

9 years ago

I was having 38+ day cycles after coming off birth control (taken for 4 years after having my daughter). Turns out I was diagnosed with PCOS meaning I wasn't ovulating. I found it odd bc I had my dtr on first try but apparently it can develop later. According to my RE you aren't ovulating if cycles are that long but I remember thinking "how can you be sure when you haven't looked at me yet?) He was right though as I could see the polycystic ovaries. All it takes is a transvaginal sonogram to rule out. Could be a hormonal imbalance as well. Good luck!!

9 years ago

Thank you! I have been having pains that feel like cysts (I have had mild cysts before so I know what they feel like) I will make an appointment shortly. Thanks

User Image

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo