Community post

Discussion

Is TTC taking a toll on our relationships?

It is about 1 am and I am sitting in my living room seething with anger. I had my first ever truly positive OPK today. I am was so excited and so ready to start baby dancing, even though we had the past two nights as well. I put on the sexiest outfit I have. It is a black corset and red panties that are trimmed in black lace. My husband was too tired and too drunk to get it up for me to make a baby. He knew how important this is to me. To have finally gotten a positive OPK! His week was apparently just so stressful that he couldn't cut back on his number of drinks so that we can try and make a baby. When I said something about how disappointed I was he said," my week was just so stressful." He says that every week! I told him that I wasn't sleepy and that I would come to bed later. He then told me that I was being a brat about it. Am I? I feel horrible. Is TTC going to ruin my marriage? This whole infertility thing sucks!

*~* Rachel *~* Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

1 Reply • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

I'm so sorry. I understand completely. I find this process so frustrating. And, the men don't seem to understand how it is a rejection on two levels - 1) anytime you're sexually rejected when you put yourself out there hurts and 2) it makes you wonder if they're fully committed to this process (and eventually baby) that you're absolutely going to be committed to for life!

Obviously, we understand that neither of those are the issues. He is just tired and his equipment does not always function how we want it to function. It is not a statement on us or his committment to the cause, but as women, we overthink everything!

It was my husband's idea to "pull the goalie" yet when it is time to BD with a purpose he loses all interest. He says that it feels like a second job. He has to work all day and then come home and work again. I think I'm just going to start lying to him when he asks what the OPK result was.

And, with your first + OPK, it means that you are going to ovulate in the next 24-36 hours, so he'll have to get up in the morning and make up to you which will definitely result in the BD. And, if you can just do it twice tomorrow and then again on Sunday morning you should still hit your window.

Good luck!

13 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo