Community post

Discussion

CD 1..TTC Baby #2 and need buddies!!

View Full Post

I have a 3 year old little girl. I had the mirena iud removed in November and my husband and I decided to wait until after the first of the year to start ttc. This is my second cycle ttc and today is cd 1 for me. Just joined today and could use buddies for the journey!

1122 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

561 - 570 of 1122 Replies | Last Page

Mewlingstork: My opks always show a second line. However, that only means that it is detecting some of the hormone. So either your opks are not detecting any of the hormone or you have opks that are duds. So... my advice since you've only taken two is that that it could probably be normal to not have detected any hormone especially if you are no where near O but if you continue to take tests that have no second line at all (even a very faint one) I would go get some new tests. Or if it drives you crazy enough before then I would get some new tests b/c to me it's worth my sanity to cost a little extra money. Sorry that's not a black or white answer but it seems like nothing about trying to conceive is! Let us know what happens!

10 years ago • Post starter

Hi ladies,

Good morning.

Mewling: this has happened to me also. There is small amounts of LH in our system at akl times. So that's why there is a second faint line (sometimes).
Ot also depends on the time of day you are testing. Fmu shouldn't be used. It is very concentrated and it will give you a false + I hope that helps.

Dbjohnson: Are you trying anything different this cycle?

Amanda: how are you feeling?

Afm: Cd5 nothing going on. Just waiting to O.

Hope you guys are having a great day.

10 years ago

Zuberi: I can't imagine having to wait 3 1/2 wks! I would go insane! lol especially if I was still bleeding b/c I'd wonder if it would ever stop. I am hoping and praying that I will get AF sooner rather than later b/c I've had very little bleeding but who knows I'll probably waiting the miserable 6 wks.

Dbjohnson: how are you doing?

AFM: I'm looking forward to my appt. next Tuesday just to have some contact with someone who can give me some answers especially since I'm very anxious about when or if I'm going to be taken seriously. I'm really hoping that AF will come sometime around when you all start your cycles so that I can be somewhat in the same phase b/c it seems like every time I m/c it gets further and further from when I'd usually start. I've decided to take a pregnancy test sometime this wk (when I go get one) just so I can see how dark it is to have a clue how much hcg is left in my system.

10 years ago • Post starter

Good Morning Ladies!!

@mewling: with my OPKs, I've always gotten a second line. I've never had one completely white with just the control line (I only get HPTs like that ) I'm agree with Amanda, I'd go buy more, just in case your batch is bad. When do you normally O?

@Zuberi: I'm not trying any one thing new, but combining some things I've done in the past. Prenatals (of course), B vitamins, OPKs, BBT, Softcups. I am thinking of adding Green Tea and Mucinex the week before O, but I'm not sure if I will do either or both. I think I need help with EWCM, I haven't had much the last couple of cycles. Are you going to try anything new this cycle?

@amanda: you might want to consider getting some cheapie hpts the test out hcg. You can get 50 Wondfo dips trips on Amazon for under $20. I have a love/hate relationship with them, but they worked great for watching the line get lighter after my m/c. Just a thought... And I am thinking lots of AF thoughts for you, hopefully it will come sooner than later

AFM: CD 3... Nothing exciting, just waiting for AF to clear out of here.

Have a great day!

10 years ago

Thanks for all the response on the OPKs! I forgot to mention and it is probably the biggest part, but I've been taking them late at night. I keep forgetting during the day and then when I go to bed between 10:30pm-12am, I figure why not. So I'm going to test *right now* and see what happens!!

I'm on CD 19, but my last few cycles that I had a positive OPK, I didn't O until around CD 26-28. We had been BDing every other day, but we lost our groove, so I'm hoping to get that back tonight!

Happy Friday!!!

10 years ago

Hey ladies.

Dbjohnson: No. I'm not going to do anything different. Prenatal vit. B6, royal jelly, bee pollen, folic acid, oh I forgot I did add in Omega 3. Preseed and soft cups. I got my first bfp on the cycle that I used soy isoflavone but I'm going to see how this cycle does.

Amanda: believe you me......it was not easy. Lol My poor dh was having a harder time than me. Lol but he has made up for it in the last few days and nights. Just wish I was Oing so I could make use of all that male juice! Lol

Mewling: when you think that you are close to O you may want to test twice a day. I use the Opk from Target. It's 15.99 for 20 here in California. You can carry them in your purse if you have to. I use to set an alarm on my phone to remind me to test midmorning and early evening. You don't want to miss your surge. As far as the bding goes........ my dh is tired of timed sex so I have decided to stop taking to him about a + opk stick and just try to be the one that initiates the bding when I get a +. He jokingly said he feels used. Lol ( I assume he was joking) which is actually the truth. Lol

Afm: waiting to O. And enjoying a whole lot of bding while I wait. Lol

10 years ago

@Zuberi - I've thought about the royal jelly/bee pollen before. Are they expensive and where do you get them? My husband has mentioned feeling used before as well and I'm pretty sure he was joking. Mostly, he doesn't complain since we had sex like twice in the first 6 months of our baby's life. :)

I used to test twice a day and now I really need to set a thing on my phone or something. I got my opks on Amazon, so I'm sure that's part of it.

I did see a really faint line this morning when I tested, but I used one from a different group of tests (they came in separate bags, I'm going to check the batch numbers right after this).

Just waiting to O, yup, same here!

-Trista

10 years ago

Hello

@Mewling: I used Bee Pollen/Royal Jelly for a few cycles. I had my DH take it too, it can help with making strong sperm. I got it in a honey type form, so it was a spoonful every morning. I bought it at Whole Foods for $17.99, and it lasted about 2 months. I had trouble finding it at other stores, including their health food sections. Hope that helps.

AFM: CD5, nothing new...

Have a great weekend!!

10 years ago

Happy Monday Ladies!

Just a quick update...

CD 8... I started doing OPKs yesterday. Yesterday's and today's were both pretty dark, but definitely not positive.

How are you all doing? Hope to talk to you soon!

10 years ago

Thanks for all the info!!

I'm on CD 22 today and I might have O'ed already. I don't know. I was seeing progressively darker OPKs last week, and then now it's gotten much more faint again. I'm not sure if they are relative to each other. Maybe I just need to order more. My last cycles that I am pretty sure I got a positive, it was CD 26-27, so I think it would have been early, but with irregular cycles, who knows. I hate not knowing! I've been testing during regular hours again, usually between 11am-2pm, sometimes in the evening as well.

I've been irritable yesterday and today, which usually happens 3-5 days before AF, so I'm very confused. We BDed enough that I think I have a slight chance if I did O already, but we'll continue, just in case. ;)

Have a great Monday!

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo