Community post

Discussion

Exercising

Hello all

Im 6 weeks pregnant and have gone from running 3 days a week do not running since finding out i was pregnant.

My gyno has told me to do nothing bouncy for the first 3 months so running is out. But i have noticed i have gained some weight from not working out.

So i was wondering what you all do for exercise? can anyone recommend what i can do now until after the first 3 months and beyond?

Also can anyone recommend any pre-natal workout dvds?

many thanks! :D

3 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

Hi Clairbear!

I'm also a runner and almost 5 weeks pregnant with our second. With my first pregnancy I ran throughout until it became uncomfortable then did RPM until around 8+ months.
I found out I was pregnant two days ago and until then had been still running, and even went running yesterday.

In my experience, and from what I have heard if you are a runner or are used to working out then there's no harm in continuing - with care. They just don't reccommend starting up a regular high intencity traning program once you become pregnant if you have never trained.

Hope this helps! Good luck!
PS RPM, hiking and lots of walking are great alternatives :)

11 years ago

I plan to keep my same routine, but pay more attention to how my body is feeling.

11 years ago

That does help thankyou! :D

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo