Community post

Discussion

Confessions of the Infertile Woman

View Full Post

Hi ladies. I know I'm not the only woman here who has fertility problems and sometimes feels very alone.

I'm only in my fourth month of ttc but I've been told by my doctor that due to a deformity of my uterus I may have some serious problems staying pregnant (if I'm ever blessed enough to even become pregnant). I will know more though after I get an mri tomorrow.

Anyway, sometimes thoughts pop into my head and then I feel guilty for thinking such negative things. I fear that if I confess these feelings to other people that they will judge me as a bad person or as insane as some of these things are irrational.

But I know I can't be the only one who experiences this.

So I thought I would create a thread where we can confess our frustrations and negative thoughts that we have regarding our fertility problems. I want this to be a place where we can freely express our emotions without anyone judging, just supporting.

Basically, I want a group therapy page!

So let me start off by giving some of my own confessions:

~When I see pictures of my friends' pregnant bellies, I feel jealous and angry

~I know I'm supposed to believe that God is testing me, but sometimes I feel like he is punishing me

~I get angry when I see people that don't take good care of themselves (much less their children) having babies when I can't.

~I judge other mothers as being less deserving

~I have constant nightmares about having miscarriage after miscarriage which cause me to wake up sweat drenched

~I feel like a failure as a woman

~I fear my husband may one day resent me if I can't give him children

~I fear this is somehow all my fault

~I hate myself for not being able to really be happy for my friends who have been blessed with children

~Sometimes the only way I can cheer myself up is by thinking "Well at least I won't lose my sexy body as quickly as my friends."

So many dark thoughts cross my mind sometimes and I was always a very happy, positive person before.

What dark thoughts do you have that you feel you can't share with anyone else?

User Image User Image User Image

288 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

141 - 150 of 288 Replies | Last Page

Shea and Melissa- Thanks for y'alls support and understanding that it can be hard no matter how long you've been trying. I think for me it's hard because even though I haven't been "trying" for that long, I was diagnosed with hormonal problems last summer. I stopped getting regular periods and started lactating then. I thought maybe I had accidentally gotten pregnant and was actually so happy, just to be crushed to find out I wasn't pregnant and that it was my hormones and that I may have some trouble when I decided I wanted to TTC. Then I started ttc and went months without ovulating or menstruating. I felt prepubescent again, minus my lactating! I started my ttc journey knowing fertility wouldn't be easy for me (or at least as easy as it is for others). And then after I was told I may never be able to carry a baby to term (Praise God that was a misdiagnosis) that was when it really hit me and hurt me. So even though now I know I can and will get pregnant somehow and that I haven't been trying for that long yet, I've emotionally lived through the possibility of infertility, and I still know now that my hormonal problems may make it more difficult than others.

The two weeks that I wasn't sure if I would ever be able to have a healthy pregnancy changed me so much (it was in those weeks that I created this thread). In many ways, I feel like those two weeks aged me twenty years. I think I will actually be a better mother now for that. I will also be way more sensitive to others around me, especially couples who don't have children because I may never know if they are ttc and having difficulty.

I wish more people were understanding and sympathetic to our struggles.

I love all of you ladies!!!!

13 years ago • Post starter

Aisha-are you on any meds for the prolactin?

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

13 years ago

temp dropped again, now below coverline... af will probably be here later today.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

13 years ago

Joy- Oh no hun! I know I can't say anything to make you feel better right now, but please know I'll be thinking about you and praying for you!

Melissa- No. It isn't high enough and the meds for it are really tough! I've tried some herbals and they haven't helped. But I did O easily on clomid without any real side effects, so that seemed to do the trick! I just need to wait to start my next cycle with that.

Joy, we will be cycle buddies this time around. big hugs.

Aisha, I'm starting clomid this cycle too, just to give myself a boost to hopefully help out DH's swimmers.

It scares me a little, because I don't want to hyperstimulate.

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

13 years ago

Aisha, it doesn't matter how long you have been trying. Being told that it may never happen for you is devastating and it changes your outlook on life drastically. It makes you question your goals and you self worth. I have only been trying for about 6 months, but I am aware that there is about a 30% chance that it won't happen for me because of PCOS. I am so glad to hear that you had a misdiagnosis, but what you have gone through in the mean time was one of the hardest thing that most women will ever experience and it is irritating that anyone would try to down play that just because they have been on this roller coaster longer. It is painful regardless of how long it has been going on.

*~* Rachel *~* Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

13 years ago

Some good news for you guys. no i'm not pregnant but I finally got in for the hsg test next thursday.. can't believe how excited i am bout getting dye shoved into my uterus,BUT finally something is happening.....

13 years ago

That is awesome news!!

Take some painkillers before you go in. Good luck! I hope it shows clear tubes!

13 years ago

Aroma- Yay for progress!!!!! Maybe this will do the trick!

aromatherapy: Good Luck! I am going tomorrow for hsg and I will tell you how it goes!

13 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo