Community post

Discussion

CD1 - 8th cycle of trying - feeling down

Hi All,
This is my 7th month of TTC my first child - and was feeling different this month, and very hopeful. Unfortunately, my AF started this morning - early for some reason I usually have a 26 day cycle length, with an 11 day luteal phase - but this time had a 9 day luteal phase - guess thats why I felt 'different' (had some different symptoms like my bbs were not as sore as usual).
Now its my 8th cycle of trying and just feel awful, and starting to feel worried. Why is it taking this long? Will I be in the small minority of women who can't conceive?
I know I am still within the realms of normality - but you can't help the thoughts.
Anyway, good luck to all. If anybody has similar cycle lengths, and has started their cycle this month, please add as a buddy.
Thanks, J

15 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 15 Replies | Last Page

I to thought March was my month. I was sure it was. I felt differnt. I did not get bloated or really moody the week before AF. Nothing. I did spot. On March 29 AF came she has been lighter than normal and is already over. I have been trying since Sept 2010 so that is also 7 cycles. I do have a 5yr DS who I conceived within the 1st month in trying. So why is it taking this long this time? SO i am on CD3. And In my fertilite window I will be on vacation with my DH, DS and my inlaws , sister & Brother inlaw. I do track my BBTs and is thinking about OPK. I am 28 name is Courtney.

User Image User Image[url=http://www.pregnology.com]Make a pregnancy ticker[/url

13 years ago

I'm with you. This month just felt different. I have been TTC #1 since Aug '10. I usually have 23-24 day cycle, but this month was 28 with no pms symptoms. I just knew I'd get a BFP but instead a BFN over and over! I began light cramps and spotting over the weekend with AF today. Talk about a let down...5 days late and still no luck . Will it happen? We are hoping and trying to think . Add me if you need someone to talk with.

&

13 years ago

Hello Courtney, Turtleswife,
Thanks so much for the replies. How are things going for both off you? Turtleswife - did you get a BFP? It can sometimes take that long to get a postive result you know. Same for Courtney? That could have been implantation bleeding. Please let me know! I am at CD10 today and expecting to ovulate as usual at CD15 (which is next Thursday - 14th April). Soon time for the TWW again :-( Good luck to you both if you need it!
JEnny

13 years ago • Post starter

Jenny -So I thought it to could be implation bleeding but my BBT have been low so I should be Oing tomorrow or the next day. We will see how the temps go. I def need the good luck. I really really didnt think it would take this long. I am trying to stay postive but I am kinda like whatever maybe its not supposed to happen. Are you useing any OPK or anything?Or tracking temps? I just started temps because it is taking so long.

Turtleswife - I know that suck. my cycles are 27-29 days and in feb i was late i got really excited and tested BFN. My cycle ended up being 32. Gotta love mother nature.

I dont have any Oing cramping or any thing. not much going on so far.

User Image User Image[url=http://www.pregnology.com]Make a pregnancy ticker[/url

13 years ago

Hi Courtney, I am using the ClearBlue fertility monitor to track my ovulation each month - have been using that for the last 4 months. I Ov every month on day 15 (or 2nd day of peak on fert monitor). Last ovulated on Thursday 14th April. We started using pre-seed last month too. Next step is to go and see a doctor - going to call for an appointment in the next few days. Just want to get everything checked out to make sure we are OK. I think the doctor might ask me to monitor my temps so I'm going to wait and see what the doc says - but might start doing it anyway. Are you making any diet changes? I have quit coffee, diet drinks and alcohol (on all but the few days of my period). At least you have the knowledge that everything works - I'm not sure about that yet! Hopefully all is OK Jennyx

12 years ago • Post starter

Well the mommy making dept for me did work and I think it doesnt work any more. I think i waited to long. I do check my temps it is nice to know. It does help me tell when AF is coming. I haven't made any diet changes. I have found McDonalds is making nausea but that could just be Mcdonalds. We eat pretty good. DS is a very very active kid so I want to make sure he gets everything he needs. I do try to take vitiams but i am not that geat at remembering. Did you make you Dr appointment yet? I dont know what point will be enough to make that appointment for myself. I am NOT a fan of drs. the OBGYN that i loved and was using with DS doesnt take my insurance so I have to find another one.:( AF is due in a couple of days for me Tuesdayish. When I do get AFlike cramps they make me nausea and hot feeling. I dont know probaly catching a cold and AF. Have a great weekend and Happy Easter.

12 years ago

hi there. We booked an appointment for the doctors on Tuesday - really need to feel like I'm doing something. I hope I have a good experience with the doctors - maybe get some reassurance. My AF began yesterday, so now in the 9th cycle TTC . Fingers crossed for this month x

12 years ago • Post starter

Good Luck on Tuesday. Hopefullly they can give you some answer, and get you your baby this cycle. I just waiting for AF to show.

12 years ago

So how did your appointment go today? I hope it went will.

12 years ago

Hi all I am 40 and started trying last August for my first child and like all of you was discouraged every time the witch showed up. I finally decided to start charting and doing the OPK at the same time. The charting doing it the six month with OPK and pre seed were my best hopes. On the eighth cycle of triying after eight months I tested at 11DPO and the results are BFP !!!! Have faith and try both it will happen !!!!

User Image

User Image

12 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo