Community post

Discussion

positive pregnancy test but fainter the next day

I took a pregnancy test 5 days before my missed period and got a negative. 2 days ago got a faint positive in the morning with first response. That night tested with an option plus brand and got a darker positive. Then next morning tested with a clear blue digital and got pregnant. 1-2 weeks. Now the day of my missed period I tested with a dollar store test and its hardly positive at all. I'm thinking a chemical pregnancy. But have anyone ever at this happen to them and stay pregnant?

april 2007 july 2008 april 2009 october 2010 november 2011 january 2013 for next time

2 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

you might want to look into the hook effect. it's when you're producing so much hcg that the tests stop working. definitely call your doctor though. good luck!

11 years ago

I find if I use the same brand of test the throughout then I see the progression of the the lines getting darker. Best of luck!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo