Community post

Discussion

Over 40 TTC.... and I KNOW I am not the ONLY one: Part IV

View Full Post

Well, we got to page 16 so I started it over......

here's a recap of my story:
My name is Carolyn... I am 37 (close to 40) and just had my first child this summer but dh and I don't want to wait too long for another because it took us 2 years to have our first and we are getting older..... so we are TTC #2 now!

I have a question for you ladies: my temp dropped today but I have been getting negative opks so far.... only been testing once a day because I am only on cycle day 10 today and usually I O around day 12.... do you think I missed the surge and we should bd anyway today? or should I just wait and see if I get a postive opk in the next few days?

479 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

221 - 230 of 479 Replies | Last Page

If there's an opportunity for baby dancing, take it (or him )

Sarah xx Mum to Michael from 1990-2008 miscarriage Jan 2011 miscarriage March 2013

11 years ago

Hi everyone, how are you all?

I'm about 9 dpo. I had my highest temp ever this morning. Still waiting for my 21 cd blood results. But wanting to feel positive I will test in two days time.

11 years ago

Had a very faint BFP on Monday - couldn't believe it. Really faint, but only 12dpo. So I tested again yesterday and it was the same if not a little fainter. But I thought, urine more diluted, different tests, whatever -- next test would be much darker. Today ... BFN.

So, poop. I was hoping I'd be posting my magic BFP news. But no.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Montanella, how did it go?

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Argh, essemkay! I also wished you'd have come back with a surprise BFP! What a shame. :( Guess you'll have a couple more natural tries or when are you starting your next IVF attempt?

Montanella, keep us posted!! Good luck!

Where is everyone else? Hope things are good.

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago

Yeah, getting those positives and then life going "psych!!" and taking it back was worse than just getting negatives all along. We have one more month au naturale and then our final IVF next cycle.

11 years ago

Hi, I got another bfn. I can't get my 21cd results until Thursday when I see my Dr. They wouldn't give the results over the phone which is frustrating. My temps are still up but not as much as 5 days ago. Today is 28 days and no sign of af except cramps and pre af headache. I usually spot for a few days before but no sign of that. I'm too scared to test again, silly I know.

11 years ago

essemkay... I am crossing my fingers for you that you can come up with a BFP that sticks before your next IVF cycle!!

Montanella... Are you on progesterone? This could be the reason for the high temps and no spotting despite the BFN. What DPO are you? Could it still be a tad early for testing?

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago

Af arrived this morning so no need to test. I'm not on progesterone but on clomid. My temp is still up for me which is strange. But Dr's appointment tomorrow so hope to know more. Yesterday was cycle day 28 so I'm happy to be on schedule.

Good luck everyone we need some bfps.

11 years ago

I'm so sorry, Montanella

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo