Community post

Discussion

Over 40 TTC.... and I KNOW I am not the ONLY one: Part IV

Well, we got to page 16 so I started it over......

here's a recap of my story:
My name is Carolyn... I am 37 (close to 40) and just had my first child this summer but dh and I don't want to wait too long for another because it took us 2 years to have our first and we are getting older..... so we are TTC #2 now!

I have a question for you ladies: my temp dropped today but I have been getting negative opks so far.... only been testing once a day because I am only on cycle day 10 today and usually I O around day 12.... do you think I missed the surge and we should bd anyway today? or should I just wait and see if I get a postive opk in the next few days?

479 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 479 Replies | Last Page

Hey Carolyn, I'm Dot. I too am close to 40 ( 37 in March) and my husband and I have been TTC our first child for almost 2 years. We had a miscarriage in September. We are getting ready for our 3rd round of IUI and are hoping that the 3rd time is in deed the charm.

It's my understanding that your temp should go up, not down with you are ovulation. continue to follow the opk tests. it's my understanding also that it's easier to conviece a 2nd child so close after a first, so good lukc, relax, and enjoy teh ride ;)

Dot

11 years ago

Link back to old thread: http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/forum/post.php?postid=17266

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

cjpalaska, I'm sorry. I don't know anything about temping. It's possible you could have surged early and missed it, but I would think that's unlikely. I hope you BD anyway - even if you don't ovulate for another couple of days, nice to get some sperm hanging about just in case and clear the way for your partner to pony up some nice fresh swimmers.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

hi y'all, hope everyone had a good holiday...I am so confused it is even funny...i dunno if you essemkay or Toronto, would have any thoughts since y'all have done the progesterone b4...but my temp dropped Sunday morning, what i thought was AF, started in the evening, only just a slight spotting, monday my temp went back up from 96.9 to 97.7, bleeding was extremely light (sorry tmi), yesterday temp went up to 98.1, no bleeding at all, today temp up even more 98.4 and light spotting.....i just had to poas, came up with a faint positive, with FMU...in the evening the line was extremely faint almost not there (urine was a bit diluted so that could be why, dunno) this morning a faint positive, but not sure what the heck to think, mind u i stopped the progesterone a week ago when i got the negative blood test....could the progesterone still be in my system causing elevated temps, even though temp dropped on Sunday??? but yet then how the possible BFP's on the wondfo and faint on FRER???? EPT Digital is negative, here is a pic of my test from yesterday's FMU top one is the hpt, bottom i just used an old opk to use as a reference;

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/my-pregnancy-test82422

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

I'm confused for you, angel! I definitely see something on that Wondfo. Can you post the FRER?

Was your blood test quantitative or qualitative?

11 years ago

yeah i can upload it from my comp...will just take a sec....and the blood test was the one where it was a yes or no...not sure of the sensitivity of theirs, wanted the beta, but they wouldn't do it, until a postive on the yes/no one, ugghhh...

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

k here is the FRER:

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/my-pregnancy-test82672

this is same FRER but the flash kind of washed out the color so hard to see the line in this one, but it's also very faint in person:

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/my-pregnancy-test82421

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

CJ--like essemkay said u could've missed the surge, i would BD, just in case :) I know the day i "O" my temp drops, then goes back up...I test 3 times a day when i get to CD10, morning, afternoon and evening...

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

The problem with these tests are that they're SO sensitive. I don't want to throw more confusion onto the fire, but I'm worried that you're getting positives because you have low levels of hcg in your system for some other reason. I know that some women can have hcg levels of around 5 just normally without being pregnant, and menopausal women nearly 10. I hope hope hope hope that's not the case. I hate that I even typed that.

I don't really know what to advise other than keep testing and ask for a quantitative blood test.

I'm really crossing just about everything I can for you!!!

Wow, this is such a rollercoaster!

11 years ago

Essemkay, no i appreciate the honesty, and i do remember Toronto finding a link a while back about pre/menopause causing possible false positives, because of hcg being in the system....it has been a few mths since the dr tested my hormone levels to check for menopause, and they all came back very much normal, especially for my age he was surprised....i have also done those FSH tests (not sure how reliable those can be) but those have been normal as welll, ugghhh i dunno i guess time will tell, whats really throwing me off is that once my temp drops and AF starts, it stays pretty low until "O" i have never had a pre-O temps this high b4...guess time will tell. And if it is menopause, i will be ok with that, it is in God's hands and i have many things and children that he has blessed us with that i am very thankful for...

As if you haven't noticed I am one of those people that nothing is easy or straight forward, LOL always has to b the hard way, ugghhhh

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo