Community post

Discussion

which temp should i use, should i adjust my temp as well?

i usually temp check every morning at 6am (with alarm)
however, this morning (5dpo) i kinda woke up 50 min earlier(5:10am) i didnt get out of bed, but turned and my eyes opened. So, i decided to just check my temp , since i got a solid 5.5 hrs of deep sleep. i checked temp and it was 98.16. i turned and tried to go back to sleep, but was excited to see that number, since day before my temp was 98.43@6am. i didnt go back into a deep sleep till prob 545am (15min) then my alarm went off at 6am and I temped it was 97.66, then 2 min later 97.92..(room also felt very cold when i tried to fall back to sleep)
i even had goosebumps.) but not at 5:10am. guess my body was hot due to solid block of sleep.

which temp should i use the very 1rst one or the last one? also
should i temp adjust to my usual time as well?

confusing or what?? thanks for the response...

User Image

3 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

Use the first temp and dont adjust it at all...make sure to make a note of the time it was taken. I keep all of my temps and just make notes...FF covers any time issues if u chart on that site. Dont ever alter the temp tho, an early or late temp is more accurate than anything u alter on ur own.
Good luck!! =))

11 years ago

THANKS ALOT, I WILL KEEP THAT IN MIND. IS IT THE SAME WITH THR ROOM A= MUCH COLDER THAN USUAL.

THIS MORNING AT 515AM , MY THERMOSTAT READ 55 DEGREES, (USUALLY MY ROOM IS 60 DEGREES) MY TEMP AT 515 WAS 97.86, THEN WENT BACK TO SLEEP , NOT DEEP SLEEP., AND WOKE AT ALARM AT 6AM, IT WAS 60 DEGREES IN ROOM AND TEMP WAS 98.05.

WHAT DO I USE NOW? UGHH, HOW CONFUSING.

THANKS HUN.

User Image

11 years ago • Post starter

U use the first temp, the temp after isnt a true basal temp...unless u wake up at 2:30 and get back to sleep before 3 and stay asleep, anything less than 3 hrs of solid sleep is not basal...even 3 hrs is the bare minimum. Always, always, always use the first temp u take when u wake up and make notes of room ambiance changes. They can affect ur temps but becuz u dont know what it wouldve been had the room been 60 degrees and u had've woke at 6am instead of 5:15, all u can do is make a note so u can refer back to it later if u ever review that chart.

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo