Community post

Discussion

Pregnancy "gender tests"

Figured I would start a thread here because i'm interested in these tests and want to see results..

I am 5 wks and 4 days, i've never tried these tests until now and have a few people trying them as well..

Red cabbage test, boil red cabbage for ten minutes, mix equal parts of juice and pee.. if it stays dark purple its a girl, if it turns pink/magenta its a boy.

baking soda test, mix baking soda and pee. if it fizzes and looks like beer its boy, if it doesn't its a boy.

I did both tests and both point to boy. a friend of mine did baking soda and it pointed to boy. her friend has a confirmed ultrasound that it's a girl and she peed on baking soda, it said girl.

it'd be fun to have anyone who already knows gender to try this test to see how accurate they are.

3 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

Ok so i chugged two bottles of water, both said girl. so the jury is out. i plan on testing these theories until i run out of supplies.

11 years ago • Post starter

Of course when I read this I ran right into the bathroom. We have two boys and are leaning towards a girl. My baking soda did not fizz :) Can't wait to see if it's right :)

11 years ago

I did the two tests again, baking soda said boy, cabbage said girl... guess we will see!! i hope you get a girl! i desperately want a girl as well. My first was a boy, he was a stillbirth, my second was a boy & he's 2 1/2. love him, but i want some pink!

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo