Community post

Discussion

HCG levels...a little scared

View Full Post

I've had 4mc and they all started with a low HCG level. I'm currently 4w5d (I think) and had a blood draw yesterday. My hcg is at 87. I've looked at a ton of charts and I know that what matters most is that the numbers double in 24-72 hours....and I have another blood draw tomorrow....but I was wondering if any of you ladies have had low hcg early in pregnancy but continued on without any problems. I'm just scared...and praying for my little bean. Please share your success story!! I need some reassurance! Thank you!!!

416 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

191 - 200 of 416 Replies | Last Page

I hate to talk about this now because I don't want you to think negatively. But keep in mind there are tests they can do to see how healthy the walls of your uterus are. There are drugs that can help build healthy walls. I can't help but think that's what it sounds like is happening with you. That might be what happened with me too. I can't remember the terminology. I'll see what I can find and talk to you about it later...if its even necessary. Keep your head up girly. xoxo

11 years ago • Post starter

Thanks :) I'm taking the pills, but orally....so meh. I am continuing with the prenatal and baby asa and will get another blood draw on Friday. I guess the only thing that I can think of that I'm not doing is eating really healthy. I have too much fast food not enough vegetables. Not overweight 5'8 1/4 145lbs. Used to run a lot...not exercising. I don't know. It would be a miracle if the numbers went up after stalling like this. I've read about vanishing twins, but I can't imagine it would happen this early. If I would have stopped having my blood drawn after the first two I would be none the wiser. Being in limbo is such a weird feeling....My dh kind of understands the number thing, but he is still holding hope that our number went up, so everything is fine. I think I'm grieving already.

11 years ago

I guess in some ways it's good to be prepared. But keeping a positive attitude will only help you, no matter what happens. This is the hardest part of finding out so early. Back in the day, women didn't know until they were a couple months along and they didn't have blood tests to check the hormone levels and ultrasounds to see if baby was ok. That's why the ones that miscarried didn't even know they were miscarrying. You are a bright girl. You understand the things that can happen. But miracles happen every day, girly. xoxo

:) Yes....I've thought about that a lot....right now I would be so happy and not even know any better if I had only even had those BFP's I got at home....darkest I had ever gotten....even if I only had the first two blood draws. My brain ALWAYS gets the best of me...that logical logical brain. Working in the ER I see miracles all of the time....thank you for the prayers....I have been doing a bit of my own too....xoxoxoxo

11 years ago

Thinking about you and your blood draw today xo

I fully expected the number to drop. I mean drop drop and I would start bleeding drop. It went from 322 to 389 now.

Recap:
01/29/2013 : 54 (pm) progesterone 20.4
01/31/2013 : 112 (pm)
02/02/2013 : 181 (am)
02/04/2013 : 269 (am)
02/06/2013 : 322 (am)
02/08/2013 : 389 (am)

The draw from 02/06 showed a 53pt increase and todays draw showed a 67 pt increase.

When he calls today I will ask to have the progesterone changed to suppositories and a transvaginal to rule out ectopic. He said he wouldn't do an ultrasound until we hit 1000 though. Can't hurt to ask.

Maybe it's vanishing twin syndrome....maybe everything might work out....maybe it's just a slow rising beta....

11 years ago

I know how hard it is not to worry sweetie. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!!

Well....he ended up putting me on additional vaginal progesterone...he wants me to continue the oral and add this....he was not "optimistic" but wants me to use the meds. He wants another blood draw this morning. He doesn't think it's ectopic because I have no pain or spotting. I asked if it could be a vanishing twin and he said "doubtful." We shall see....and just so you know...you are the only one besides my dh and my what to expect forum that I talk to about this....I appreciate you so very much as well as your prayers and thoughts!!

Now, have you had a couple of good days without sickness?? You had been doing good with a minor blip from the vitamin D and B pills (we think)....are you still better?

11 years ago

I'm good. :-) I've been having a lot of stretching and growing kinds of pains but I think it's normal. I actually called my OB's office this morning because I had an episode of sharp pains that scared me a little. I was getting out of my car and as soon as my feet hit the ground I got these pains on the right side of my abdomen and in my pelvic area that had me doubled over. I just had to sit there leaning against my car, bent over for about 2 minutes. I was really close to tears. I left my phone in the car and couldn't even more to open the door and grab it. I just sat there hoping the pains would go away. Eventually I was able to stand up but I was walking really slow and suddenly terrified that something was wrong. When I got back to my office I went to the bathroom to make sure there was no blood. With this stupid placenta lying low it makes me worry non stop. There was no blood and the nurse I talked to said it was probably normal stretching and growing. But I'll discuss it with my Dr. on the 19th. I get shooting pains in my crotch too. Dammit I hate those! Ugh. I just want a minute to enjoy this, ya know??

I understand from the Dr.'s point of view why he's not very optimistic...but don't you allow yourself to feed into that! They are medical practitioners. They are not the pregnant women they treat. You stay positive and be good to yourself!! Only time will tell so be patient, be strong, be optimistic.

*couldn't even move....* (not 'more')

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo