Community post

Discussion

HCG levels...a little scared

View Full Post

I've had 4mc and they all started with a low HCG level. I'm currently 4w5d (I think) and had a blood draw yesterday. My hcg is at 87. I've looked at a ton of charts and I know that what matters most is that the numbers double in 24-72 hours....and I have another blood draw tomorrow....but I was wondering if any of you ladies have had low hcg early in pregnancy but continued on without any problems. I'm just scared...and praying for my little bean. Please share your success story!! I need some reassurance! Thank you!!!

416 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

181 - 190 of 416 Replies | Last Page

The rate at which the numbers is going up is better from the last draw to this one, compared to the one before. Hold on girly.

11 years ago • Post starter

Thank you...I'm much better...There's lots of stories about slow rising betas or betas that do not double textbook like. I have no spotting.

11 years ago

Have you talked to your Dr. yet? Are they going to schedule an u/s? Keep me posted, girly!

I knew my actual HCG numbers. My OB didn't know this so he left a message while I was working this morning that said my "hormone levels are increasing nicely. We will keep you on your schedule and draw again on February 6th." The phone call was nice, he didn't ring any alarms yet...so I think I'll just get the blood drawn tomorrow. I am hopefully gonna get a sneak ultrasound in 20 minutes....I'll let you know if I see a gest. sac.

11 years ago

Bobby McFerrin is singing in my head...."Don't worry....be happy....In your life expect some trouble...but when you worry you make it double...don't worry....be happy"

Everything will be ok.

Keep me posted on the u/s...I'll be waiting on pins and needles.

:) My girls do hearts all day long...so OB stuff is foreign to them....it seemed like we found the gestational sac with a yolk sac in it, but we can't be sure. I just had another blood draw this am. I should find out in an hour. Momma, let me tell you how tired I am....goodness. I go to sleep at 8pm like every night....last night I was tired a 7. I can't do anything!! No laundry no dishes...dh is amazing, but I feel so USELESS. AHHHH.

How about you?? Any nausea? Using the doppler?? Any appointments coming up?

11 years ago

Well at least you saw something!! That's better than seeing nothing, right? I'll be praying until the results of your blood draw come in!!

I have an appointment on the 19th. Dr. wants to check my uterus again. I really don't care much for those physical exams. They are embarrassing, uncomfortable and in my opinion unnecessary. lol Just do another u/s. I don't think I'll get another ultrasound until about 18 weeks. It depends on what he finds on the 19th. If he can tell by a physical exam that my placenta is still low, he'll want an u/s sooner than later. Otherwise, I know I'll get one at 20 weeks.

Last night was weird. I made spaghetti for dinner with spiral noodles (just trying to be fun). I tried to get a scoop of sauce without any hamburger in it because red meat still makes me sick. Well I also decided last night to start taking the vitamin D and vitamin B again. I haven't taken it in about a month because it was making me sick. I figured since I haven't puked in over 2 weeks, it might be ok to start them again. I've been really tired at work and still a little nauseated. Those vitamins are supposed to help with fatigue and nausea. I'm still taking my prenatal gummies, I just thought I'd try to get back on track. Well that was around 630pm. Girl, I was sooooo sick last night!! I was in tears, curled up in a ball in my bed. My husband was bringing me tums, ice water, hot water bottle and everything he could think of. I thought I was going to throw up again! My body was shaking and I could barely even open my eyes because the waves of nausea were so bad. I was out by 9pm. I don't know if it was the spaghetti....maybe I got a little of the meat in there...or the vitamin D and B I started taking again. Holy cow! I'm staying away from both of them for a while!!

Other than that, I've been having some sciatic pain in my left butt cheek still. And a little cramping in my crotch and pretty much around my uterus. I assume that's just growing pains. It's not terrible. My boobs too...not that I need those suckers to get any bigger! I'm already busting out of my DD bra!! I need to go bra shopping this weekend but have no idea where I'll find one big enough!! lol My scale stopped working so I don't know where I am with my weight but I feel like I might have put on a couple pounds in the last couple weeks. Surprisingly, Doc didn't weigh me at that appointment Friday. I had Gabe (my 11 year old) with me. I assume he would've liked to do a physical exam then but rescheduled for the 19th because of the youngin'.

I'm really anxious about the gender. I don't know if I've been this anxious about anything....ever. I was researching clinics around here that do gender ultrasounds. I found one that does it for $59. If they can't determine gender you just keep coming back until they can and they don't charge you until they can! I realize in 4-6 weeks my u/s tech will be able to tell me. But I'm almost willing to pay the $59. lol I don't want 3D/4D. I just want to know what I'm having so I can start shopping. lol

Well I'm sure you'll get good news today but keep me posted!! xoxo

Have you heard about your HCG levels yet?

We aren't completely sure if that was it in the ultrasound or not....so I'm not too sure.

Well....maybe it's not such a bad idea for him to be checking your uterus. I wonder if he can tell some things from his exam that he can't from ultrasound. You can't really blame him for wanting to be careful with you.

I'll bet it's either the B or D vitamins girl. Dang. I bet it's been really nice not being sick all of the time. If you're taking the prenatals you probably don't have to stack on the B and D. Funny how they are having the reverse effect on you regarding the nausea.

Yeah! The boob thing is insane. I am wearing one of my bigger ones and would have to buy some pretty quick here myself.

59$ is quite reasonable. In fact, I would not be able to stop myself!! I think you should do it!!

No good news. The beta today is 322.
So:
01/29/2013 : 54 (pm) progesterone 20.4
01/31/2013 : 112 (pm)
02/02/2013 : 181 (am)
02/04/2013 : 269 (am)
02/06/2013 : 322 (am)

I asked him to do progesterone, even though I haven't had a redraw of that since the first draw. He agreed but did say that there is no correlation between using progesterone and stalling betas to prevent a miscarriage, but that he didn't mind prescribing them. I was upset on the phone and didn't realize he said "oral" until I went to pick it up. Oral use only has a 15-20% effectiveness rate compared to the vaginal suppositories. It's too late in the day for me to call him back, and I'm not even sure that the progesterone is the problem. I'll just take it. I think my brain has already prepared itself for what the lab draw will be Friday. I'm just tired.

11 years ago

I'm so sorry you're going through this. I know how hard it emotionally. I hope that in the next week or so the numbers continue to rise and they are able to see something on u/s. I'm praying for you girly!! xo

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo