Community post

Discussion

HCG levels...a little scared

I've had 4mc and they all started with a low HCG level. I'm currently 4w5d (I think) and had a blood draw yesterday. My hcg is at 87. I've looked at a ton of charts and I know that what matters most is that the numbers double in 24-72 hours....and I have another blood draw tomorrow....but I was wondering if any of you ladies have had low hcg early in pregnancy but continued on without any problems. I'm just scared...and praying for my little bean. Please share your success story!! I need some reassurance! Thank you!!!

416 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 416 Replies | Last Page

I'm about four weeks and my beta on Friday was 35. I'm a nurse, and you are very right....what matters most is how your next blood draw is. Since we both are within range, there is nothing to do but sit back and enjoy being *pregnant* for these days. My OB didn't order my next beta until Friday, so ill be waiting a whole week. This is out of our hands...all we can do is relax and be happy.... :)

11 years ago

Medschoolgrl-thank you for posting. my beta on Friday was 237 so it's definitely going in the right direction!

I'm 37 and I've had 4 mc so I'm just nervous. I have an 18 yo DS and an11 yo DS. Both normal healthy pregnancies and healthy deliveries. Next week my Dr is doing another draw and he'll be checking my progesterone. I've been taking prenatals for over a month, and a vitamin D supplement. Last time it was really low. this is a strong little bean.

I hope your numbers double as well!

11 years ago • Post starter

YAY!!! 237!!!! Didn't you walk around the house singing the number?!? I kept saying to husband "honey! Honey! Honey! Beta 35!!!" We would smile and be happy. I still remain nauseated and tired so I'm hoping hoping hoping for the best!! I have a sixteen year old and an 11 year old. Smart move checking the progesterone and doing prenatals! I got the Brainstrong brand and have been taking them for a little over a week.
You and I should stick together :D

11 years ago

Yes, I agree! I'm taking a store brand prenatal right now but I was thinking of switching to the brainstrong. I got a 3 day sample with my last pregnancy and I didn't seem to be as constipated for that few days. Sorry, tmi. Lol I'm really hoping to kick this cold soon. It's whoopin' my tail! Any suggestions? I went to the pharmacy today to see what was safe to take, if anything but the only thing I left with was my 11 year old son upset with me for not telling him I was pregnant. He overheard the pharmacist. I tried to disguise it by saying 'expecting' instead of 'pregnant' but the pharmacist didn't pick up on it. :-/ He's not mad anymore but it's going to be really hard to keep the news from my mother in law now! We were going to tell her at Christmas. Sorry, babbling!

I think sticking together is a great idea! My lmp was October 27th so we're pretty close!! for our sticky beans!!

I haven't had any trouble with Brainstrong, EXCEPT i haven't had it approved by my OB. I won't see him until December 14th. I have had a bothersome runny nose on and off for two weeks...I was reading that it's common during pregnancy...I suppose the prenatals and increasing fluids should help. If you can tolerate it vitamin C and chicken soup :)
Wow....you think a pharmacist would get the **wink wink**...but i guess not! We haven't told the kids yet (although I wonder if they have heard us chattering). I was thinking of waiting until after the ultrasound (minus any leaks :). We will tell our parents for christmas...but I tell you what....it's hard when I'm talking with my mom not to let it slip...almost happened the other day :)
Will you have another beta drawn? Or ultrasound scheduled?

11 years ago

I got a call this morning from my OB. They want to draw again Friday and check HCG and progesterone then. Once my HCG gets to 8000 they want to do an ultrasound. Hopefully that means next week! I really want to be able to hear a heart beat before Christmas so I can announce. If I go by my lmp I'm 5w2d today, 6w exactly on Friday. So it's conceivable that they would want an ultrasound next week.

I'm feeling very empty/hungry today. lol I could eat a stinkin' horse! It's just now lunch time at work so I think I might run and grab something. I forgot to bring lunch today.

My youngster promised not to tell Grandma until we're ready. He's staying the night with them next week so I hope he keeps his promise! lol

TY for the feel better advice. I'm feeling somewhat better today but still not quite right. Chicken soup is definitely on the agenda this evening!

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you!!! Seeing a heartbeat is such an awesome moment!!! Yep, with a beta like that an ultrasound is reasonable! Yay momma!!

On December 4th I started to bleed and had my beta redrawn...it was 6. I have never had a miscarriage before, so I was pretty shocked....my OB said she would prefer if we waited a cycle but knew that we were "excited" so I'm assuming she knew we would try again as soon as MC was over :)

I can tell you though, that a week before that, I was SUPER hungry. My dh was so surprised I could eat as much as I did....no appetite now so that's a good good sign your hungry!!Keep eating....YOU FORGOT YOUR LUNCH??? I'm pretty sure that's an emergency....LOL!!!
There are SOOOO many cool christmas reveal ideas!! I was so excited about that!! You could give a present with a pink and blue balloons inside and say " We aren't sure of Pink or Blue but this is when the baby's due!" AHHH!! I STILL love that :)
Hopefully your little one can contain himself....but if he doesn't just be prepared :)

11 years ago

I've mc 4 times so that was where my main worry was. But I'm feeling really good. My progesterone was good last Friday and my beta was 12,095. My OB is very optimistic. :-)

That being said...morning sickness has kicked in BIG time! lol I am nauseous all day, pretty much. I can still eat and most of the time I can keep it down. It's just a general queasy feeling all day. I'm consti (sorry, TMI lol), boobs are on 10,000!!, have to pee constantly and it feels funny when I lay on my tummy. I'm a little tired most of the time but not like I was the last time, before I mc. I'm taking a vitamin D supplement this time though so maybe that's helping with the fatigue. I've been eating as many pregnancy super foods as i can too.

I got a new car this past Saturday and it is super cute. :-) Dodge Caliber. I lub it.

I am so, so, so sorry about your numbers going down. Have you passed everything or are you still in the process? Having been down this road I know how you must be feeling. Having a good support system is essential so I hope you have a lot of loving arms around you!! I'm here if you need to talk.

Oh! and I LOVE that Christmas reveal idea!

Thatâ??s a fantastique Beta!! Iâ??m glad they watch your progesteroneâ?¦so youâ??re not taking supplements then? Itâ??s always a good sign when the OB is happy ï??
I get nauseated immediately. After we bd last time I was nauseated three days after the act. I havenâ??t really found anything to help itâ?¦once it kicks in, it was like the overseer of the planet momma. My boobs were huge just in that first month. I was also EXHAUSTED. I couldnâ??t make it past 8pm!! What are the pregnancy super foods?? ****interested***
I was in shock about my Beta going down instead of up. Just literally couldnâ??t believe it for a day. Wellâ?¦I started bleeding on Tuesday December 4th and was done bleeding on December 8th. It was strange just to think that we had this little baby already planned into our life and now the baby was goneâ?¦very surreal. Never had a miscarriage before. Thank you for the kind words and hugâ?¦.when people are done talking with you about itâ?¦you still are bleeding and still feel sadâ?¦so thatâ??s sweet of you.
So we bdâ??ed on Sunday because the OB said we could start right away. Last night around supper I got that nauseated feelingâ?¦..I paused in the kitchen and dh was like â??what? Whatâ??s wrong?â?? I was so surprised â?¦couldnâ??t tell him for a minute, then said â??I think Iâ??m nauseous.â?? He smiled. THEN this morning I woke up with nauseaâ?¦.AND here I sit at work with a bit in the back of my throat. EXACTLY like last time. ****fingers crossed****
New cars are mostly always fun!! I like the new smell so much!!

11 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo