Community post

Discussion

So you're pregnant :) Time to start planning for the future!

Hi there, not sure if this is the right place to post this and so please feel free to let me know if it would be better appreciated elsewhere but just wanted to share/ask something of some of you lovely mums-to-be!!

First thing firstâ?¦ Congratulations!!! We wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy!

Second of all, I wondered how many of you have heard about stem cell banking and whether you are looking into storing your childâ??s stem cells at birth?

The reason I ask is that I represent Stemology and we are offering free talks for parents to be through PregSense (pregsense.co.uk). The talks are aimed to help you answer any questions about your pregnancy, as well as storing your stem cells, and are hosted by a Doctor.

For those who are unsure of stem cell banking you can see further information on our website stemology.co.uk and can register for the free talks on the PregSense website. You can also call us on 020 7096 0747 with any questions you may have about the service.

Unfortunately the UK has the lowest uptake on storing stem cells out of developed countries around the world (0.2 - 0.3%). Compare this to the highest in Singapore where 25% or new-bornsâ?? cells are stored and you can see how behind we are in this ground breaking field. We want to advise parents-to-be on the facts and benefits of this service and even if it is something you are not interested in for yourself, please try and donate the cells rather than having them discarded. This can be done through the NHS.

Many thanks for reading. And sorry for the essay :)

I hope you all enjoy the rest of your wonderful pregnancy journeys and your new found life into motherhood.

Bhavik

P.S I'm hoping to get this message across to as many parents-to-be as possible so you may see this same post popping up on various boards & forums.

0 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo