Community post

Discussion

IUI and Clomid?

Has anyone had any luck with either Clomid or Intrauterine Insemination.

I am starting clomid in the morning. And I should do IUI sometime in the next week...

Any advice for me?

4 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

i am on my 4th round of the Crazy Clomid !
and we are doing our 2nd IUI on the 30th probably if the O shows normal time.

We did the research and the new is that the 1st IUI is a low % and the 2nd IUI is a high % of possitives.
but every woman is different

they do say that the next 4 days after you get the IUI to have Sex no matter what that they don't want you relying on the IUI (easier said then done )

Clomid isn't that bad after a couple months ..the fun part is it makes you want to BD like crazy !!! My husband calls it the horny drug ! but watch your CM it can build up and you might need some Mucinex to thin it out .. i didn't but 2 friends did and some laides on this site i have read !

Good Luck !

13 years ago

I am on my 6th round of clomid and had my second iui this month (I'm on the tww). I'm not going to sugar coat clomid, it is not pleasant. Everyone is different and each month is different. My experience has included acne, insane mood swings, very uncomfortable BDing because of swollen ovaries, painful ovulation, etc. But it makes me ovulate so I'll take the crap that comes along with it. The iui increases your chances if there is a problem with hostile cm or dh has a low sperm count. They say that your chances increase with each iui until you get to the fourth one. A healthy couple only has about a 25% of getting pregnant naturally, iui gives you 30%. The iui itself is uncomfortable, but not much worse than a pap. Hope this helps! Good luck!! :)

13 years ago

I too am starting clomid for the first time next cycle. It doesn't sound like much fun!! I have a pretty regular cycle and ovulate between CD15 and CD20, get an LP between 9 and 11 days (11dpo today). I have been put on clomid for the next 4 cycles to "give us a boost and hope to fluke a pregnancy" as my DH has a slightly low count, low motilty/progressive motiltiy and severe morphology problems. Has anyone else been given clomid for these reasons?? I think it is just for the sake of doing something because we are young (25) FS said if we were 35 he would just put us straight into IVF program. Not that that is someting I want!! I am so confused I thought Clomid was just for ovulation/LP?? Any know?

13 years ago

Thanks everyone... I guess I will wait to see how clomid affects me. In the end, I hope it's worth it. I am willing to try anything at this point.

They are also going to monitor my cycle. I have PCOS and can ovulate at different days each month (but I do ovulate every month which is the good news). So I literally have to go into my dr. office every morning before work for blood work and ultrasounds, just so they can see when I ovulate. OPK's don't work for me. Apparently I am in the 3% of women who don't produce a high enough surge to be detected by OPK's. Of course I am..

So anyway, they will monitor my cycle and based on what they find, they will do the IUI on my O day.

I am excited by the possibilities but don't want to get my hopes up. you know?

But thanks for the guidance....
to everyone!

13 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo